About the Group: New York Life Ventures is New York Life’s strategic venture capital unit and Innovation Lab. The group is focused on sourcing innovative early-stage technologies for introduction into New York Life’s various operating businesses, while also making direct venture investments in early-stage technology companies as well as LP fund investments in a select set of top-tier venture capital funds. New York Life Ventures also houses an R&D Lab.
About the Role: With a rapidly growing portfolio of start-ups and venture funds and significant incremental capacity to invest, New York Life Ventures is seeking an Investment Associate to play a primary role in supporting the continued and significant future growth of the group’s venture investment portfolio. As a member of the investment team, the successful candidate will be expected to make an immediate impact supporting the end to end investment process (from research, to deal evaluation and due diligence, to transaction execution, through post-investment monitoring and all aspects of portfolio accounting and reporting). Importantly, and given New York Life Ventures’ strategic investment mandate, the successful candidate will actively demonstrate the ability to qualify and evaluate opportunities on both their investment and strategic merits.
Select responsibilities to include:
- Investment portfolio performance tracking, reporting and accounting
- Support deal screening, evaluation, due diligence and execution
- Industry research and competitive analysis
- Financial modeling/valuation of investment opportunities
- Preparation of investment presentations and proposals
- Broader venture and public market research and analysis
- Interface with NYLV Business Development team to understand depth and breadth of strategic opportunity(ies)
Ideal candidate shall possess:
- 2-3 years’ experience in PE/VC investments or a related field (e.g., corporate development, buy- or sell-side investment research, strategy consulting, investment banking, business or strategy at a technology company, etc.)
- A demonstrated passion for technology, financial services and early-stage investing, coupled with an ability to think and operate within a “strategic” context
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information quickly
- Significant experience conducting detailed research and analysis (e.g., industry specific, competitive landscaping, addressable market analysis, etc.)
- Strong financial modeling and equity valuation experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to articulate investment and strategic merits/risks, with the ability to quickly pivot from the details to the “big picture”
- Possess a growth mindset with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, high integrity and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently but also interactively within a team-oriented environment with a balance of confidence and humility
If interested, please apply here.