A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
About the Group: New York Life Ventures is New York Life’s strategic venture capital unit. Founded in 2012, the group is focused on sourcing early-stage technology start-ups for introduction into New York Life’s various operating businesses, while also making venture investments in early-stage technology companies as well as investments in select venture funds.
About the Role: New York Life Ventures is seeking an Investment Associate to play a primary role in supporting the continued growth of the group’s venture investment portfolio. As a key member of the investment team, the successful candidate will make an immediate impact by employing a data and network driven approach to identifying emerging companies in areas of thematic and strategic relevance to New York Life. The candidate will also contribute to the end-to-end investment process (including: evaluation, research, due diligence, transaction execution and post-investment monitoring). Importantly, and given New York Life Ventures’ strategic investment mandate, the successful candidate will actively qualify and evaluate opportunities on both their investment and strategic merits.
Select responsibilities to include:
- Researching and evaluating companies for potential investment and/or strategic opportunities
- Supporting deal screening, evaluation, due diligence and execution
- Industry research and competitive analysis
- Financial modeling/valuation of investment opportunities
- Supporting the preparation of investment proposals
- Interface with NYL Ventures’ Business Development Team to understand depth and breadth of strategic opportunities and help inform key focus areas
Ideal candidate shall possess:
- A strong inner-drive to learn new things and create new value in a collaborative team environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in PE/VC or a related field (e.g., corporate development, buy- or sell-side investment research, strategy consulting, investment banking, business or strategy at a technology company, etc.)
- A thoughtful and highly analytical mindset balanced with strong people skills to enable effective expression of well-informed viewpoints while positively representing NYL Ventures externally
- A demonstrated passion for technology, financial services and early-stage investing, coupled with an ability to think and operate within a strategic context
- Ability to work independently but also interactively within a team-oriented environment with a balance of confidence and humility
- Appreciation of the rapidly advancing technology landscape and the vast opportunity for financial services therein
If interested, please apply here.