When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
About the Group: Launched in 2012, New York Life Ventures is a leading strategic Corporate Venture Capital unit focused on investing in promising venture startups and select funds, exploring new technologies, and impacting the pace of innovation and competitive advantage for New York Life. The unit is comprised of three highly interconnected functions: Venture Investments, Business Development, and Innovation Services. New York Life Ventures manages approximately $375M of AUM and is headquartered in the Flatiron District in New York City.
About the Role: New York Life Ventures is adding an Investments Associate to play a primary role in supporting the analytics, reporting and operations of the group’s venture investment portfolio while also contributing to the investment process. The successful candidate will make an immediate impact by supporting key operational responsibilities of the portfolio and contributing to the end-to-end investment process.
Select Responsibilities To Include
- Compile portfolio data and reporting investment metrics to key internal stakeholders
- Coordinate and drive multi-party processes related to deal making including legal, finance, accounting, and others
- Interface with key internal and external parties to ensure efficiency and high-quality data flow
- Manage cash movement to and from an active and growing portfolio
- Contribute to the end-to-end investment process – including researching companies and markets, deal evaluation, due diligence, financial modeling, and portfolio management
- Supporting the preparation of executive-level investment proposals and other portfolio-related materials
Ideal Candidate Shall Possess
- A deeply analytical and detail-obsessed mindset underscored by a natural inclination towards problem solving and process improvement
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated passion for the rapidly advancing technology landscape within and adjacent to financial services
- A strong inner-drive to learn new things and create new value in a collaborative team environment
- 1-2 years’ experience in an analytical field (e.g., corporate development, buy- or sell-side investment research, strategy consulting, investment banking, business or strategy at a technology company, etc.)
- Expertise with financial modeling and presentation software (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also interactively within a team environment with a balance of confidence, humility and high integrity
If interested, please apply here.