MUUS Climate Partners is the venture capital arm of MUUS & Co, and has been investing at the convergence of climate solutions and high-tech applications for 6 years, with team members bringing decades of relevant entrepreneurial and sector experience. Fund I investments apply technologies such as AI, robotics, nanotechnology, and computational fluid dynamics to decarbonize energy, transportation, industry, buildings, and agriculture. MUUS Climate Partners has backed 26 companies to date, and is currently in the process of raising Fund II. The team today consists of nine members, five of whom are full-time investment and operational staff, and four of whom serve as advisors, Investment Committee Members, and support staff.
MUUS & Co, the parent company of MUUS Climate Partners, is a values-driven, privately held, entrepreneurial investment company founded by serial entrepreneur Michael Sonnenfeldt. Michael’s experience includes leading the largest commercial redevelopment in the country, founding the real estate investment group EMMES, chairing the public solar company Carmanah Technologies, and founding the high-net-worth peer network Tiger 21.
MUUS Climate Partners is excited to be recruiting an Associate to join the team. The Associate will focus on deal sourcing, due diligence, execution, and portfolio company support, alongside other members of the MUUS Climate Partners team. The Associate will report to Managing Partner Ben Wolkon. It is our intention that we develop our Associates into future Principals. Our flexible, hands-on approach provides daily opportunities for building and demonstrating ever-increasing skills.
This is nothing short of an extraordinary career opportunity for the right candidate. The new hire(s) will enjoy the benefit of six years of momentum, access to a unique network, and almost limitless potential for growth; any successful candidate would play a meaningful role in accelerating that growth.
- Support the team in the sourcing, due diligence and execution of climate tech deals
- Prepare valuation analyses and models
- Prepare investment memos, to be presented to Investment Committee
- Support investment team in negotiation and execution of deal documents
- Support portfolio companies operationally as appropriate
- Conduct analyses of markets relevant to MUUS’ investments
- Build a strong professional network with ecosystem players such as incubators, accelerators, and co-investors that support MUUS’ Convergence Fund I and Fund II
- Leverage and improve internal systems and processes to support the scaling of MUUS Climate Partners
- Demonstrated passion for climate solutions
- Financial modeling and analysis, including different valuation techniques
- Masters-level knowledge of clean energy and climate change
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to advocate and debate with clarity and conviction
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or instruction while also being able to collaborate with a close-knit team
- Strong negotiation and consensus-building skills
- Prior relevant experience (VC, PE, entrepreneurship, relevant-sector operations)
- Creativity and “hustle” are as important as disciplined organization and attention to the smallest details
- Relevant master’s degree preferred but not required
- Established networks in sustainably-focused investing and startups
- Experience with financing and operations of early-stage companies
- Familiarity with operational challenges and opportunities in the “startup journey”
MUUS offers competitive compensation, including salary, benefits, and performance-based compensation. Flexibility and adaptability are prerequisites for cultural fit at MUUS. Candidates should be prepared for their roles to involve a wide range of other activities and opportunities, including potentially frequent travel. Diversity and inclusion are important principles being taken into consideration in this search process.
Please send resumes, cover letters, and other relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org