At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Interested in being apart of the mission of curing cancer at MSK? We have an exciting opportunity for an Investment Associate to join us in 2019.
In pursuit of patient care and scientific research, we manage long-term investment assets in excess of $5 billion. These assets are invested in a sophisticated mix of diversified strategies on a global basis, overseen by a committee of the Board and stewarded by the Investment Management Division.
You will be part of a collaborative team identifying, pursuing, and handling investments with a long-term horizon for Memorial Sloan Kettering. With an unbounded opportunity for impact, you are primarily responsible for investment manager coverage and thematic research while contributing across asset classes (including hedge funds, global equities, fixed income, private equity, venture capital, and real assets) and portfolio-wide activities (asset allocation and risk management).
Specific Responsibilities Include
- researching managers and strategies
- monitoring existing investments and developing analytical insights on the portfolio
- assessing the performance of all managers and funds
- preparing and delivering a variety of reports (both quantitative and qualitative)
- evaluating investment opportunities by sector, stage, and geography and presenting research
- tracking prospective managers and industry data across strategies and geographies
- identify, evaluate, implement/manage investment tools and resources used in connection with investment and manager tracking
- represent the institution to the investment community by attending relevant industry events and conferences
- lead and mentor junior investment staff and interns within the Division
Is your background a match?
Qualifications – You Need
- A minimum four years of proven professional achievement in an area relevant to investments (e.g., investment banking, consulting, financial journalism, alternative assets) and an exceptional academic track record.
- Bachelor degree required, Masters and/or CFA preferred.
- Experience in private investments preferred.
- Working knowledge of Chinese investments preferred.
- rigorous analytical training, including advanced research, critical reasoning, writing, presentation and financial modeling skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint), as well as an understanding of multiple investment strategies.
- A base-level understanding of business, legal and accounting issues involved in the evaluation of alternative investments and knowledge and/or experience in capital markets also required.
- an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial team environment, a keen attention to detail, a demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, a high degree of judgment, intellectual curiosity, and integrity.
- Some domestic and/or international travel required.
To apply, please submit/upload a single file containing both your resume and cover letter on our website
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If interested, please apply here.