JPMorgan Chase strives to be a catalyst for meaningful, positive and sustainable change in communities across the globe. JPMorgan Chase annually invests more than $300 million to create pathways to opportunity so that individuals have access to the knowledge, skills, resources, and capital they need to secure their futures and compete in the global economy. Our programs seek to address key drivers of economic inequality experienced by vulnerable populations around the globe through four key focus areas: Community Development, Jobs and Skills, Financial Capability, and Small Business. The Firm has also developed innovative Strategic Initiatives such as Women on the Move and Advancing Black Pathways.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) Department develops goals, policies and initiatives that support the Firm’s business strategies, reflect our values and support the communities where we do business. We believe that financial products, in addition to philanthropy, can serve as a sustainable force for good, generating not only financial return, but also positive social and environmental impact.
To that end, JPMorgan Chase is building out a multi-asset impact investing and lending platform to support the Firm’s Philanthropic objectives and Strategic Initiatives.
Description and Responsibilities
The team is looking for an experienced investment banker or venture capital professional who is eager to leverage their financial acumen to drive social and environmental good.
The Impact Finance team consists of three sub-verticals: Flexible Capital (debt), Client Engagement, and Equity (direct venture and funds).
The candidate will play a critical role in building out our impact investing franchise: formulating the strategy for the group, navigating internal approval processes, and working across the organization to originate, structure, execute, and manage equity investments.
The candidate will report to the Head of Equity Investment for Impact Finance.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage and execute the following responsibilities:
Help drive transaction origination, structuring, execution, and portfolio management
- Represent the bank in meetings with companies to evaluate investment opportunities
- Conduct detailed due diligence, risk assessments, and review of legal documentation
- Perform comprehensive valuation and business model analyses
- Prepare investment memoranda and related documentation to support investment decision-making
- Develop relationships with founders and other impact investors to identify investment opportunities
- Run portfolio management process including tracking valuation and portfolio company progress
- Conduct impact assessments for each investment opportunity, partnering with colleagues in Global Philanthropy
- A demonstrated passion for social enterprise, development finance, and/or environmental work
- 1-3 years of experience as an investment banker (in an M&A or coverage role) or venture capital investor
- Excellent financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills
- Ability to independently formulate business strategy, construct compelling narratives, and present to senior executives
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed organization
- Act with urgency, initiative, and ownership to drive results
- Excellent academic track record
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
If interested, please apply here.