Ion Pacific is a venture capital firm with offices in the US, Asia and Europe that primarily focuses on venture capital secondaries investments in the technology sector in the US, Asia, Europe and Israel.
Ion Pacific is differentiated from other venture capital investors by its focus on providing flexible capital solutions to VC funds and technology companies. The firm’s approach of structured secondaries investing is novel in the venture capital industry and has few competitors.
Having raised two funds focused on structured secondaries investments in the technology sector, Ion Pacific is growing its team by bringing on an Associate in the US (New York or San Francisco).
This Associate will have a strong background in finance with initial training in an analyst program at an investment bank and a keen interest in building a career in venture capital investing.
He or she must be capable of working independently and engaging effectively with venture capital GPs, LPs and founders and management teams of VC-stage technology companies.
- Build and maintain a robust network to originate relevant investment opportunities, particularly in the US market
- As part of a small team, contribute to all aspects of deal execution
· o Screening potential secondaries investment opportunities
· o Structuring and negotiating terms, including through detailed financial modeling
· o Preparing investment committee memos detailing an investment thesis reflecting thorough business and financial analyses, including valuation considerations and prospects for exits
· o Completing comprehensive due diligence, which may include coordinating with legal and technical advisors
· o Assisting with negotiating and managing legal documentation with transaction counterparties
- Transactions will include fund investments which will require developing a strong understanding of private equity fund terms and structures
- An understanding of the technology sector and a strong interest in following emerging trends
- Assist with investor relations, reporting and capital raising for future funds
- Ideally 2 years of experience as an analyst at a leading investment bank, preferably with exposure to M&A and/or complex financial analysis
- Strong financial modeling skills
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally demonstrating strong quantitative aptitude
- Previous work experience in an investing role would be beneficial, but is not essential
- A self-starter with a strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to train junior team members and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines as necessitated by transaction timelines
- Outstanding capabilities in analysis, negotiation and communication. Always eager to learn, improve and win
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the US
If interested, please apply here.