We are looking to add an exceptional new individual to the team in New York. We look forward to hearing from you!
This opening is for an Early Stage Investment Associate (pre-MBA). This is a 2 year position.
LOCATION: New York City
REPORTS TO: Founding Partner
Greycroft is a seed-to-growth venture capital firm that partners with exceptional entrepreneurs to build the world’s most transformative companies. We have deep experience investing in consumer and enterprise technology sectors around the globe and work as a team to support and advise entrepreneurs, empowering them to execute on their vision. Greycroft manages over $1.8 billion in capital and has made over 200 investments, including Acorns, App Annie, Axios, Bird, Boxed, Braintree, Buddy Media, Huffington Post, Icertis, Plated, Scopely, Shipt, TheRealReal, Thrive Market, Trunk Club, and Venmo. For more information please visit http://www.greycroft.com.
- Evaluate potential investments in early stage companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising documents, investment memos, and investor updates
- Manage/document meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company management meetings, and general deal flow
- Represent Greycroft at industry events/conferences and support the local entrepreneurial community through active involvement
- Minimum of 1–3 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, technology, or startups (preferably in product management or engineering)
- Excellent analytical, writing, and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Polished abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Authentic passion for technology industries and deep respect for entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated presence in the technology and startup community
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
- Compensation is market competitive
- This role is designed as a two-year position for pre-graduate school professionals
Our process starts with having candidates submit short written answers along with resumes to the link below. These will be due by 5 PM ET on May 29th, 2020. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
From the initial submissions we select a smaller group for telephone interviews and then a set of finalists for in-person meetings. We expect the process to be finished by mid-summer, and candidates should be available to start work soon thereafter.
Here are the questions:
Question 1: What do you think will be the most important technology trend of the 2020s and why? [max 300 words]
Question 2: Do you think Uber is over-valued or under-valued and why? [max 200 words]
Please submit your written answers to the above via this form.