FCAT (Fidelity Center for Applied Technology) is an idea and innovation catalyst, helping Fidelity’s businesses and clients to envision the possibilities and realize the benefits of new ideas and emerging technologies. In FCAT Research, we find, explain, and share the trends that will matter most to Fidelity in order to provoke action that leads to growth and further securing our clients’ financial well-being.
Emerging fintech concepts and trends are critical for us to understand. We seek a motivated, curious, and organized person to support research on the emerging fintech landscape. You will find, assess, and explain new technologies, business models, and customer experiences in fintech that will matter most to Fidelity and our customers in the next 3-5 years. Your efforts will support lead researchers’ endeavor to fuel Fidelity’s strategic planning with an outside-in perspective and insight. We will expect you to demonstrate initiative in identifying trends worth pursuing and the ability to place observations in the context of a larger industry picture. You will operationalize the scanning efforts of the research team, support the development of written reports and presentations; generate ideas for proofs of concepts with peers in FCAT; develop relationships with key internal and external leaders all while developing expertise to lead research coverage of a specific area of fintech.
This role can be based full time in Boston, MA or New York, NY.
The Expertise You Have
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to convey high-level concepts and detailed supporting observations with impact
- Real-world experience within the fintech ecosystem
- Experience with information architecture and concept mapping
- Familiarity with technology and startup environment topics such as venture capital and M&A
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Insatiable curiosity and intellectual rigor
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills
- Natural networking skills, constant, proactively searching for ways to cultivate your intellectual and social curiosity
- Ability to bridge the large institution and startup worlds and participate wholly and authentically in both
- Ability to balance enthusiasm with critical analysis, bringing both to the table
- Self-motivation and comfort working independently with the ability to create, plan, and execute initiatives
The Value You Deliver
- Identify and pursue key topic areas that will help Fidelity deliver exceptional services and solutions for our customers
- Assist in the building of our presence in the broader community of practice in order to bring more inspiration from that ecosystem back into the firm for our customers’ benefit
- Develop content and maintain a deep understanding of the technology and industry landscape, especially as it relates to what’s on the horizon, more than three years out
- Manage the updating and maintenance of tracking database and third-party tools
- Collaborate with peers to guide the design and development of proofs of concepts and strategic imperatives, with focus on identifying new business opportunities
- Help educate and support senior leadership and the broader organization with presentations, reports, demonstrations, and showcases
At Fidelity, we are focused on makingour financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people livethe lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degreeof value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the besttalent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusiveworkplace wherewe respect and value our associatefor their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working atFidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
If interested, please apply here.