Equal Ventures is looking to bring on an Associate to focus on researching industry themes, sourcing opportunities, analyzing investments and working alongside our founders. This role will primarily focus on opportunities in Insurtech/Fintech, working closely with the founding partners and other team members to support our investment activity in the space. This role is open to Pre or Post MBA candidates.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in strategy consulting, equity research, or private equity with the ability to analyze industry trends and company performance beyond a financial statement. Experience evaluating, advising, investing or working at an insurance / financial services company is required.
- Intellectually Curious – Insatiable thirst for knowledge on how / why things work
- Passionate – Obsessed with startups and the overall venture ecosystem
- Professional – Takes immense pride in the detail, thoroughness, accuracy, and overall quality of their work.
- Self-directed – Works with team members to complete tasks without someone looking over their shoulder
- Networked – Able to plug into startup communities and access high potential founders/VCs. Capable of engaging and developing relationships with industry leaders, founders, and investors operating as an ambassador of the Equal brand.
- Friendly – We like nice people, no egos
This role is based in New York City.
If interested, please submit your information through this application portal on LinkedIn, including a resume with your email address on it. Please include your first and last name in the resume file name. If you are a fit, we will reach out directly.
Overview of Equal Ventures:
Equal Ventures invests in founders and businesses transforming legacy markets. Equal applies in-depth research to identify, evaluate and add value to a highly concentrated portfolio of early-stage companies. Equal is backed by some of the industry’s leading operators, founders, GPs and institutions.
IF interested, please apply here.