We are hiring for an Investment Associate, Impact Investing to join our team.
Enterprise’s Opportunity Zones Platform
Enterprise offers an unmatched combination of experience, expertise and technology to deliver on the promise of Opportunity Zones.
Powered by our Opportunity360 platform, our data-driven approach advances equitable and inclusive economic growth while pursuing compelling financial returns.
From Opportunity Fund investments and investment mapping, to measuring and reporting impact, to government advisory services and policy implementation, Enterprise’s integrated capabilities are designed to unlock at least $1 billion in investments in Opportunity Zones over the next decade.
Job Responsibilities Enterprise Opportunity Funds – Modelling / Structuring / Originations (approx. 65%)
- Work closely with fund leadership and acquisitions/underwriting to originate, analyze, structure and project-manage transactions from preliminary project idea through closing, including preliminary screening, modelling and structuring of joint venture equity investments; research market and demographic information; research and analyze operating expenses; analyze joint venture partners’ experience and financial strength; prepare submissions to Enterprise’s Investment and Deal Screening Committees.
- Liaise and where possible partner internally with other business lines to identify and execute on areas of collaboration with policy, solutions and other capital to maximize impact and feasibility of project execution.
- Support analysis and reporting of impact and financial metrics associated with Enterprise Opportunity Funds and performance of assets, including target community outcomes, stakeholder analysis and project exit expectations; partnering internally and integrating internal data group resources and expertise wherever possible.
- Support investor cultivation and marketing of Enterprise Opportunity Funds, including representation and speaking engagements at panels, meetings, and discussions.
Impact Investing – New Product Development and Investor Cultivation (approx. 35%)
- Support development of CDFI Index, as a benchmark index for Impact Investing, and a potential investment product linked to the Index – research and analysis of CDFI industry and data, building partnership with external stakeholders/consultants to develop industry consensus around index methodology, drafting whitepaper and other materials and presentations to support industry education and adoption of the CDFI Index
- New product development – Conduct research/analysis, assess feasibility, and where appropriate prototype (“smallify” approach) new product, investor and market development for Enterprise Opportunity Funds and other product innovations with Impact Investing / Opportunity Fund team members as well as other Enterprise leadership.
• Impact Investment expertise and investor cultivation and engagement – provide Impact Investing industry/market knowledge and expertise within Enterprise and help to represent Enterprise externally as a leading impact investing organization, with focus on new partnerships with institution, foundation and other anchor institutions around Enterprise programs and investment produc Qualifications • Undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred, in Finance, Real Estate, Urban Planning or related field.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, relationship management skills and writing skills; must be able to analyze, synthesize and translate, verbally and in writing, complex information to influence the process, explain results and move projects forward with parties inside and outside the organization.
- Must be highly motivated and have strong organizational skills and ability to work independently to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a record of high integrity and ability to build effective, collaborative working relationships based on mutual trust and confidence, integrity, forthright expression of opinions, and good judgment.
- Knowledge of community development and impact investing field, investors and players; experience in social venture, community-based or related organization a plus.
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and concepts; experience of real estate underwriting a plus.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods. Availability for moderate level of local and over-night travel. Valid driver’s license required. Additional Information –
If interested, please apply here. .