We seek a thoughtful and entrepreneurial Associate to help identify and diligence early-stage cannabis investments.
You’ll thoroughly investigate opportunities by interviewing management teams, identifying and engaging with domain experts, performing market analyses, testing assumptions with financial models, and providing synthesized findings and recommendations for investment.
You will never stop learning, whether you’re honing idea generation skills or applying insights from alternative data.
Your efforts will directly impact the bottom line and drive the continued the success of a fast-growing and well-backed cannabis investment startup.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct deep-dive primary research, build relationships, and attend industry events.
- Perform rigorous due diligence of qualified investment opportunities.
- Drive the firm’s financial models and build investment theses.
- Collaborate with portfolio management teams to increase their likelihood of success.
- Conduct yourself with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity in accordance with a best-in-class compliance program.
- Strengthen our lean culture with enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
- You have 3+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or venture capital.
- You possess advanced modeling skills (three statement, cap tables, DCF, comparable transactions, accretion/dilution, IRR).
- You are a highly analytical and structured thinker.
- You’re never satisfied with the obvious answer and are always asking the next question.
- You would thrive in an early stage environment.
- You are excited to build rapport with founders, influencers, and engineers.
- Demonstrated academic excellence (BA/BS required, MBA or MS preferred).
- Bonus: You have domain knowledge of the cannabis, consumer packaged goods, or consumer tech industries.
If interested, please apply here.