Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Ventures is seeking a data scientist to take the reins of, and lead our data-driven investment effort. Here at Comcast Ventures we leverage a variety of data sources to augment our investment process, from sourcing deals to conducting due-diligence and helping our portfolio companies. You will apply your business acumen and analytical skills to find great investment prospects, and partner with relevant team members to drive the investments. Finally, you will work with a select group of companies within the invite only accelerate program to help support and scale their businesses beyond the investment phase.
About Comcast Ventures
Comcast Ventures is a financially-focused venture capital firm with the backing of Comcast as its sole LP. The team was founded in 1999 and invests across a broad array of industries including consumer, enterprise, and frontier technologies. The firm has offices in San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles. To learn more about our team and our investments, visit http://www.comcastventures.com.
You have both excellent quantitative skills and great business acumen. You are very intellectually curious and enjoy thinking about problems at a high level. However, you are no spring chicken when it comes to getting deep in the analytical weeds to validate your hypotheses. You have a strong foundation in statistics and enjoy solving problems with data. You are interested in investing and want to help build scalable solutions to spot early traction in startups and help them grow. Finally, you enjoy interfacing with entrepreneurs and investors alike, and have no problem presenting your convictions to drive action.
Aspects Of The Job
- Developing and testing data-driven hypotheses around business models, industries, and ecosystems
- Building and implementing scalable data models that identify early signs of product-market fit and company traction
- Becoming a thought leader in data-driven venture investing
- Sourcing and assisting on deals utilizing data, and influencing the investment team with data-driven findings
- Build financial and predictive models on a variety of strategic initiatives for companies participating in the accelerate program.
- Use external and internal data enrichment methods to improve customer acquisition efforts for portfolio companies
- Analyze and interpret both internal and external data, and make it actionable for business purpose
- Gain in-depth knowledge of how a successful start-up operates
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Proficiency with Python and SQL. Expert in at least one statistical modeling/machine learning software (Python preferred)
- 1+ years of hands-on, practical Excel use
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and conviction to make conclusions and recommendations from data
- Experience interacting with key stakeholders, and converting opportunities into actionable data-driven analysis and implementing science-driven data products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Passion to learn a business from the inside out and propel its growth
- Comfort with and aptitude for critically analyzing large quantities of data
- Ability to clearly articulate and defend analytical findings
If interested, please apply here.