Catalyst Investors is a growth equity firm that invests in technology-enabled businesses. The firm focuses on a variety of sectors, including software-as-a-service, internet infrastructure, healthcare IT, and business services, among others.
Catalyst Investors is seeking a pre-MBA Associate to assist the Investment Team. Investment responsibilities include deal origination, investment screening, and transaction execution. This position is uniquely suited to candidates seeking a hybrid experience of deal sourcing and transaction execution. The pre-MBA Associate will have the opportunity to work directly with senior members of the Investment Team.
Who They’re Looking For
– 1-2 years of relevant work experience from a commercial or investment bank, venture capital or private equity firm
– Excellent academic credentials
– Proof of ability to work in the U.S.
– Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology and rapidly changing industries
– Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit
– Strong judgment and critical thinking skills; creative approach to problem-solving
– Strong quantitative abilities, including experience in financial modeling and valuation
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines; possess a fine-tuned attention to detail
– Team-player attitude and a desire to work in a small team environment
What You’ll Do
– Conduct market research and competitive analysis on technology-enabled industries as well as new verticals
– Write industry research reports, articles and blog posts; participate in social media and PR programs
– Screen prospective investment opportunities
– Conduct outreach to prospective investments, represent Catalyst at industry and investment conferences and engage in other direct deal generation activities
– Write investment memos and other analyses of potential and existing investments
– Conduct financial and business due diligence (e.g., industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects)
– Develop financial models to analyze investment returns and perform valuation analyses
– Support team with quarterly reporting, annual meetings and client requests for information
How to Apply
Please send each of the following to email@example.com to be considered for the role:
2. Answers to the following questions (max. 200 words per response):
• After reviewing our website and team, why do you think you would be a strong candidate for Catalyst? (Note: we presume you are smart and a hard worker!)
• Of the tech IPOs this year, if you could buy (or short) one stock which would it be and why?