Cambrian Biopharma, a multi-asset longevity biotech, is building the medicines that will redefine healthcare in the 21st century – therapeutics to lengthen healthspan, the period of life spent in good health.
By partnering with leading academic institutions and biotech entrepreneurs all over the world, we are advancing a diversified pipeline of novel therapeutics, each targeting a biological driver of aging. Our approach is to develop interventions that treat specific diseases first, then deploy them as preventative medicines to improve overall quality of life as we age.
Cambrian is a Distributed Development Company (or DisCo) which combines the advantages of a venture capital firm and a big pharmaceutical company, with the nimbleness of a biotech startup.
Cambrian’s sourcing and development engine allows us to identify promising science, deploy capital and teams of drug development experts, and provide stewardship to advance new medicines. By leveraging established expertise and repeatable functional models, we achieve vast efficiencies in execution speed and resource utilization.
To date, we have 14 novel therapeutics in development, and having closed a Series C financing round in October 2021 which raised $100 million, we plan to expand the number of programs. Further, we expect to initiate clinical trials for three programs in the next 18 months.
During this exciting period in Cambrian’s growth, we are seeking to recruit a Venture Associate (“Associate”) to join our growing Ventures team. The Associate will partner with our Ventures Directors to source and diligence geroprotective assets in academia or small startups. The Associate will source, track, and evaluate potential biotechnology opportunities, as well as assist with in-depth due diligence on both the scientific and business merits of select deals, and develop investment recommendations. The ideal candidate will have superior analytical capabilities for scientific and clinical data and an eagerness to apply their expertise in support of Cambrian. The ability to synthesize disparate information, identify the most important elements, and arrive at a conclusion is required. The Associate will be curious about private investing and science and demonstrate a strong desire to identify differentiated investment opportunities through a thorough due diligence process.
- Develop sourcing strategy in collaboration with venture directors.
- Support hypothesis-driven market research to validate or invalidate assumptions in support of diligence;
- Build a strong external network by establishing relationships with key principal investigators and technology transfer groups at research institutions, and the venture capital investment community;
- Closely follow industry trends, including maintaining a thorough knowledge of platforms, targets, and therapeutic approaches in the field of geroscience;
- Build and manage internal databases including investment pipelines and investment partners; and
- Complete complex analytical projects
- A graduate degree in life sciences (PhD, MD, MSc), ideally with a focus in one or more of the mechanisms underlying the biology of aging;
- 2-3 years of relevant experience is preferred in drug development, consulting, biomedical research, investment banking, private equity, and/or venture capital investing;
- A strong interest and passion for science, drug development and the emerging technologies in the biotechnology industry.
- Proven ability to manage and negotiate with both academic and industry stakeholders
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the face of uncertainty;
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving ability;
- Sound judgment, strong work ethic and highest personal and professional integrity;
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity;
- Growth mindset, a global perspective and creative approach for analyzing biotechnology opportunities.
- Opportunities to shape new and exciting science and build teams that bring novel therapeutics to patients in need
- Exposure to the biotech company life cycle and industry
- A dynamic, mission-driven, and entrepreneurial company culture
- Access to our network of international decision-makers and investors
- Competitive salary + equity
- 12 company holidays and an unlimited vacation policy
- Multiple health, vision, and dental insurance plans to choose from, including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families
Cambrian Biopharma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
If interested, please apply here.