Brand Capital, the strategic investment arm of The Times Group of India, leverages brand-led growth and value creation via unique and pioneering investment models and programs. Different from an archetypal private equity player, we work with established businesses as well as early-stage entrepreneurs by contributing ‘Intellectual Capital’ to support the creation of a brand strategy and a planned media spread. We have 850+ investee companies across sectors as diverse as Retail, FMCG, Consumer Durables, Realty, Digital and Mobile and E-Retail to Health & Wellness, Financial Services and Consumer Services among others.
- The Brand Capital branding expertise and intellectual capital help entrepreneurs with the intricacies of the advertising business – helping them to plan and build effective corporate branding strategies that lead to growth and enterprise value creation
- We offer a range of investment models and outreach programs along with Portfolio initiatives and accelerators
- Our invested value today stands at USD 3 Billion, driven by our disruptive innovation and the power of the media properties across ‘The Times Group’
- Being a part of the Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. (BCCL), we back your branding strategy with the unmatched might of top media offerings, coupled with our expertise, to shape your brand into an icon
Associate, Brand Capital
- Work closely with the Senior Business Development Manager to develop overall business development strategies
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow: from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities to assisting with due diligence, deal execution and closing
- Qualify potential client partnerships through excellent rapport and a consultative approach.
- Leverage existing network, ongoing network development and online research, and stay current on ventures across geographies to identify new business resources
- Conduct industry intelligence gathering, including tracking of news, highlights, financing and M&A to build a more data-driven approach to deal flow and portfolio hiring
- Build and maintain financial projections and valuation models for companies under investment consideration
- Draft investment memorandum incorporating market research, due diligence outcomes and return analysis and develop customized
- Actively support the existing portfolio companies
- Develop customized, client-focused presentations and present to key decision makers.
- Engage the VP in a timely manner to ensure consistent, professional outreach efforts.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the company
- Master’s degree in business administration, Finance or Marketing preferably MBA
- Previous internships, work or consulting experience in lead generation or business development
- Previous experience within a venture capital or private equity firm preferred.
- Demonstrated success winning new business
- A proven track record of meeting/exceeding business objectives
- Experience working with senior level management
- Previous experience creating customized, creative presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote) and financial modelling
- Ability to discern applicable business needs and form strategic partnerships.
- Extremely professional, polished, communication style both verbal and written
- Understanding and interest in overall strategic business operations and how all the pieces come together.
- Sense of urgency, initiative and motivation – thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
If interested, please apply here.