Blue Cloud Ventures is a software-focused expansion stage venture capital firm. Since inception in late 2012, BCV has raised four funds and backed some of the leading SaaS companies in the market including Aras, ApplyBoard, Arctic Wolf Networks, Clari, Cloudbees, Doctor on Demand, Druva, Go1, Iterable, NGINX, Pax8, Weave and Wrike. The fund targets investments in fast growing SaaS, infrastructure and open source software companies that have the potential to scale and build large “IPOable” businesses.
Blue Cloud Ventures is seeking an experienced Associate to join its New York City office. This position represents a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing firm and is ideal for someone who is entrepreneurial, self-motivated, passionate about venture and growth stage investing and excited about interacting with entrepreneurs and leading VC funds.
The Associate will serve a critical role in working closely with the fund’s partners to originate, research, analyze, structure and close investment opportunities. The associate will also work with management teams of the fund’s portfolio companies on value-add initiatives.
Candidates should have 1-2+ years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity or strategy consulting. We are targeting a Summer 2022 start.
To be successful at their job, an Associate should have/be:
– Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology/entrepreneurship/VC industry
– The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
– Strong business acumen and an understanding of accounting principles
– Fast learner with the ability to research and pick-up new concepts quickly
– Driven to lead investment deals from sourcing to closing
– Comfortable interacting with executives of portfolio/prospective companies
– Strong academic record with proven experience/extracurricular achievements
– Fluent in English, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
– Financial modeling and analysis experience
– 1-2+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity or strategy consulting
Benefits of the Associate Position:
– Opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment
– Work directly alongside the firm’s partners while collaborating with your team members
– High degree of autonomy and responsibility in driving investment opportunities
– Opportunity to build a personal network of entrepreneurs and investment professionals
– Exposure to all aspects of VC operations
– Build deep understanding of the enterprise software space across various verticals
If interested, please apply here.