Aquarian Holdings is seeking an exceptional individual focused on making special situations and alternative investments (private equity, venture capital, and real estate), as well as corporate development and hands-on portfolio management. Aquarian Holdings is the parent company of Investors Heritage Capital – a life and annuity insurance company ranked as the fastest growing U.S. life insurer with a Life & Annuity focus in 2018 by S&P Global.
The candidate will report directly to senior management and will be responsible for transaction evaluation, sourcing, and execution. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the growth and development of the Aquarian Holdings platform. The ideal candidate will have relevant prior experience in one or more of the following sectors: investment banking, management consulting, private equity, real estate, structured securities (e.g. ABS, CLO), or credit investing. The position is located in New York City.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the evaluation of potential transactions, including due diligence, creating and building complex financial models, and preparing investment committee presentations
- Aid in the execution of approved transactions including supporting the negotiation and development of term sheets and other legal documents
- Assist senior investment team members to coordinate third party resources including investment bankers, lawyers, and diligence service providers
- Provide continuing oversight of transactions that have been executed
- Support Investors Heritage Capital with future capital raises, ratings agency meetings, and operating initiatives
Skills & Experience Required:
- 1-3 years of prior investment banking or management consulting experience
- Candidates with 1-2 years of additional buy-side experience in private equity, real estate, structured securities (e.g. ABS, CLO), or credit investing will also be considered
- Experience in building complex models in MS Excel
- Familiarity with financial services applications including but not limited to Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Intex etc.
- Experience reviewing term sheets and definitive documents
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Highly collaborative and able to work efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments
- Highly motivated team player with ability to deliver under time constraints
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading accredited college/university
Please submit your resume and a cover letter through LinkedIn
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time. This job description does not, nor is it intended to, represent an exhaustive listing of all duties, tasks or responsibilities for the position listed.
If interested, please apply here.