Anthemis’ vision is to cultivate change in financial services by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
Due to the increasing growth of our investment portfolio, we are looking to hire an Investment Associate to support the team, to be based in New York but other locations will be considered.
Role and responsibilities include;
- Assist the investment team in analysing venture growth stage technology companies.
- Analysis on market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments across the insurance industry, including topics such as insurance distribution, data/underwriting and core systems platforms, across life and non-life lines of business.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events, scan the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to the overall dealflow sourcing.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space.
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in venture capital or investment banking (or similar).
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology and financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Solid financial analysis skills and comfort with financial modelling exercises in a fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiousity and team-orientation
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Appropriate US work permit.
- Generous contributions towards healthcare, dental and vision insurance.
- 401k retirement plan with company contribution.
- Holidays – it’s important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to US Government holidays.
- Mental health and wellbeing support.
- Life assurance.
- Weekly catered team lunches.
- Flexible hours/work from home scheduling.
If interested, please apply here.