Anthemis’ vision is to cultivate change in financial services by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
Due to the increasing growth of our investment portfolio, we are looking to hire an Investment Associate to support the team with the increasing workload.
As part of this role, you will
- Assist the investment team in analysing early-stage technology companies working in, or adjacent to, insurance and risk management.
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research, plus track relevant trends and developments across risk management. Specific areas of interest include new insurance distribution propositions, analytics and data, artificial intelligence and automation, digital health, mobility and asset management.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space.
- Analysis on market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events, scan the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to broader dealflow sourcing activity.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies, post-investment.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a VC firm. Alternatively, similar experience playing a key role in a technology startup related to one of the thesis areas listed above.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology, insurance and broader financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Solid financial analysis skills and comfort with financial modelling exercises in a fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiosity and team-orientation.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Appropriate US work permit.
Working at Anthemis
Come and be part of an inclusive, flexible work environment where our people are encouraged to grow and do their best work. We are proud of our diversity and proactive in ensuring our opportunities are accessible to everyone. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
- Generous contributions towards healthcare, dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company contribution
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday in addition to US Government holidays
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Flexible hours/work from home scheduling
Our goal is to ensure that Anthemis upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for a role or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran status, and we’d love to learn more about where you can be additive to our team.
If interested, please apply here.