645 Ventures invests in early-stage startups in SaaS, infrastructure software, and consumer technologies, partnering with founders to build growth-stage businesses that reach massive scale. We champion outbound value creation by combining operational expertise with an elite network that actively influences portfolio outcomes.
We are backed by premier institutional LPs such as Princeton University, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and Spelman College, as well as influential business and technology leaders who lead/founded premiere investment firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, First Round Capital, Vista Equity Partners, Ariel Investments, OpenView Ventures Partners, and more. Several of our LPs serve on the boards of companies such as Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Walmart, and American Express, and together we invest in and build the next generation of category-leading technology companies that achieve large scale M&A and IPOs.
Role Overview: 645 is seeking to hire a new team member on its Investment and Research team. The intended hire is either an Associate or Vice President, and we are flexible based on the candidate’s experience. In this role, the individual will work closely with the firm’s General Partners to source, evaluate, and invest in competitive early-stage startups. The individual will join a team that is focused on elevating the standard of excellence and rigor in early stage sourcing, due diligence, and deal execution. The hire will lead due diligence and advocate for deals, while simultaneously building personal relationships and thought leadership in the tech community. The hire will also work with the firm’s Engineering team to use and build innovative software tools to evolve how we work and the Portfolio Success team to win competitive deals and support portfolio companies.
By contributing to the firm’s constantly increasing standard of excellence, quality of work, and investment returns, our individuals are positioned to grow with us and become senior leaders in the organization.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least two years of Engineering, Startup, Venture Capital (including fellowships/internships at top firms), or Consulting experience, focusing on software and/or Internet companies.
- Demonstrated ability to source high-quality investments that have exited or attracted competitive follow-on funding.
- Network in startup community including exceptional founders, venture capitalists, and accesses to elite sources of deal flow that have produced exits in the $500 million – $1 billion + range.
- Detail-oriented financial modeling and analytical skills, demonstrating an ability to perform venture capital valuation, income statement analysis, underlying unit economics analysis, total addressable market analysis, and develop research on markets that may not exist.
- Strong understanding of venture capital deal terms.
- A strong understanding of infrastructure software, cyber security, SaaS, or Machine Learning is a plus.
- Very strong written, communication, and public speaking skills as the role will require both written and verbal communication to the firm’s stakeholders.
- Time management and team coordination, and strong ability to multi-task.
- Preferred undergraduate or graduate degree from a top university that has produced several startups that exit in the $500m to $1B+ range. Demonstrated ability to activate that network.
- Deal Sourcing/Operations: deal pipeline management and vetting for highest priory deals, organize sourcing and screening efforts, work on high priority due diligence, and use our proprietary technology and networks to surface high quality deals.
- Relationship building: deepen relationships with top seed and early stage investors, founders, accelerators, portfolio companies, and universities.
- Deals: work with the General Partners to negotiate, structure, and win deals.
Interested candidates should send an email to email@example.com expressing their interest in joining the firm and LinkedIn URL.
Thank you for your interest!