645 Ventures invests in early-stage startups in SaaS, infrastructure software, and consumer technologies, partnering with founders to build growth-stage businesses that reach massive scale. We champion outbound value creation by combining operational expertise with an elite network that actively influences portfolio outcomes.
Role Overview: 645 is seeking to hire a new associate on its Investment and Research team. In this role, the individual will work closely with the firm’s General Partners to source, evaluate, and invest in competitive early-stage startups. The individual will join a team that is focused on elevating the standard of excellence and rigor in early stage sourcing, due diligence, and deal execution. The hire will lead due diligence and advocate for deals, while simultaneously building personal relationships and thought leadership in the tech community. The hire will also work with the firm’s Engineering team to use and build innovative software tools to evolve how we work and the Portfolio Success team to win competitive deals and support portfolio companies. By contributing to the firm’s constantly increasing standard of excellence, quality of work, and investment returns, our individuals are positioned to grow with us and become senior leaders in the organization.
- At least two years of Engineering, Startup, Venture Capital (including fellowships/internships at top firms), or Consulting experience, focusing on software and/or Internet companies.
- Network in the startup community including exceptional founders, venture capitalists, and university networks to access high-quality sources of deal flow (i.e., startups that can exit in the $500m – $1 billion range).
- Demonstrated ability to activate a startup community network to source high-quality investments opportunities
- Detail-oriented financial modeling and analytical skills, demonstrating an ability to perform venture capital valuation, income statement analysis, underlying unit economics analysis, total addressable market analysis, and develop research on markets that may not exist.
- Strong understanding of venture capital deal terms.
- Very strong written, communication, and public speaking skills.
- Time management and team coordination, and strong ability to multi-task.
- An understanding of infrastructure software, cyber security, SaaS, or Machine Learning is a plus.
Location: New York
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send an email to email@example.com expressing their interest in joining the firm, along with their resume and LinkedIn URL.