XRC Labs is an accelerator for the next generation of disruptors in the retail technology and consumer goods sectors. Our mission is to invest in and foster companies and products that innovate the face of retail and consumer goods fulfillment in a rapidly changing marketplace using design thinking as a key driving process. Our investments span the entire retail value chain: supply chain, store tech, online tech, analytics, consumer brands, and martech/adtech. We recently launched XRC Fund VIII and also established an Opportunity Fund for follow-on investments.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. It’s our job to create a stimulating environment for the people who work here. We pride ourselves on giving our employees an opportunity to explore the myriad aspects of entrepreneurial businesses and to contribute in a meaningful way.
XRC Labs is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
Companies and teams are held together by shared values. They are tangible statements of the performance we aspire to. These values drive our business in every transaction and interaction.
At XRC Labs, we
- endorse economic well-being that fosters a global improvement in the economic condition of participants in the global economy.
- embrace sustainability so the Earth we leave to future generations is a better place than when we inhabited it.
- demand honesty, integrity and fairness in our internal and external relationships.
- recognize and nurture excellence in people, technology and products.
- mentor the next generation of innovators and staff.
- share and exchange ideas in an open forum to generate new solutions.
- innovate in a collaborative environment. No task is too big or too small for anyone to take on.
- applaud initiative and encourage solutions from multiple sectors, applied to retail and consumer products.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for interns to join the team as an analyst. This position is typically geared towards students or folks who would like to gain experience as an intern working with startups at an accelerator. During the program, you will help with one or more of XRC’s business divisions (Business Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Growth, or Labs) and work closely with the team to help our startups.
Some of the sample projects that you may work on include:
- Research and write-ups for diligence, market sizing, financial models, business strategy, and other ad-hoc projects (All)
- Attending events/conferences and conducting interviews and channel checks to help find new startups to join XRC (Sourcing)
- Work on social media campaigns, marketing analytics, and virtual events (Marketing)
- Establishing and maintaining relationships to expand the XRC sponsorship base and ecosystem (Business Development)
- Market research, presentations, and sourcing for our corporate partners (Business Development)
- Developing curriculum and helping to plan and host events for the startups (Labs)
- Managing the mentor network (Labs)
- A passion for startups, retail, and technology
- Ability to thrive and grow in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment; quick to adapt to new challenges and change
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful; takes ownership of projects and enjoys figuring things out on their own
- Ability to multitask and work with multiple teams on multiple projects
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills (including – PowerPoint, Keynote) with extreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills (proficient in Excel)—able to distill data to actionable insights in a coherent narrative. Financial modeling experience is a plus.
- Strong research skills. Knowledge of retail/consumer landscape and growth strategy is a plus, but not required.
- 20-40 hours a week (3-6 month Period); typically part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer
Compensation and Benefits
- Hybrid or Remote Work Available
- Paid Opportunity
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Sick Leave
If you are interested in applying please fill out the form here: https://forms.gle/eGGEtEjprM1shYFC6