Titan is a world-class investment firm inside a mobile app, managing over $700 million in assets for 30,000+ clients. Our mission is to build the first premium investment manager for everyone. If Robinhood is the mass market solution, consider us the Apple of our category.
We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Loved by our clients, Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News in 2020 and the Best Advisor award at the 2020 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple in 2020. Our investors (some of Silicon Valley’s best) have told us we’re one of the fastest growing consumer fintech businesses in this category ever.
To us, our team is everything. Together, we can make magic happen. If you’re excited by our mission, we’d love to meet you.
As a Crypto Investment Analyst, you’ll help build and manage Titan’s crypto investment strategies with our Chief Investment Officer. Currently, Titan offers three strategies to clients: Flagship (U.S. large cap equity), Opportunities (U.S. small/mid cap equity) and Offshore (International equity). We plan to launch one (or multiple) crypto strategies to further improve clients’ risk-adjusted returns and asset allocations. You’ll be helping run this strategy(s), from idea generation to investment research to financial modeling and proposed portfolio construction/risk management/asset allocation recommendations to the Chief Investment Officer, and more.
Please be ready to discuss multiple crypto investment ideas that can help us illuminate your views regarding on crypto broadly and asset allocation / portfolio management within crypto investing specifically. Ideas should be your own. Also be prepared to discuss your prior firm’s investment process and your role therein, where you added the most value, and some of the most compelling insights you have regarding a successful investment process.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct fundamental primary research on blockchain technologies/protocols and cryptocurrencies involving protocol breakdowns, calls with leading technologists / startups in the blockchain/crypto space, and more
- Build financial models for prospective cryptocurrency investments with illustrative value creation and returns analytics
- Propose portfolio construction (e.g., holdings, weightings, sizing up/down) rooted in rigorous quantitative and fundamental research
- Make asset allocation / strategy mix recommendations to the Chief Investment Officer based on intra-strategy and cross-strategy risk/reward prospects
- Monitor daily events, news flow, competitive dynamics, risk metrics (e.g., beta, factor exposures, asset allocation tilts) across the blockchain/crypto space
- 3+ years of crypto experience in an investing and/or operating capacity
- Demonstrated track record of crypto knowledge / investment idea generation, creative research, and rigorous analysis
- Proficiency with financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional written and communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Passion for simplifying / demystifying complex blockchain/crypto topics and situations for consumers / retail investors
- Bonus: Crypto portfolio management experience across boom/bust cycles
- Bonus: Bachelors degree in Economics / Finance or similar discipline
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Currently remote-hybrid environment; NYC presence preferred but not mandatory
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up
If interested, please apply here.