As an Investment Analyst, you are joining a Techstars team responsible for ensuring the operational success of the full accelerator cycle from company sourcing through Demo Day. This includes event management, utilizing tools/developing processes to manage program data, scheduling the 3-month programming calendar, and execution of Demo Day. You bring into the program an understanding and expertise in productivity tools and have a high attention to detail. You will be working in a high outward facing environment interacting with founders in program, Techstars alumni and mentors all of whom are our customers or support our customers – the founders.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure the program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the Techstars playbook
- Deliver the best possible accelerator experience to founders, mentors, partners, investors and other program stakeholders
- Own all year-round logistics, operations, administration, scheduling, calendar management and event planning for the program
- Support relationship management with the Accelerator Corporate Partner and Techstars’ Global Network Partners
- Manage and support the external communication channels of the program.
- Report to the Director of Platforms
- You are personable, community-oriented and enjoy networking
- Strong emotional intelligence, experience with recruiting, vetting or advising entrepreneurs is a plus
- Intellectually curious and have a thirst for learning
- You are a problem solver and enjoy building upon and improving processes
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience with Excel or Google sheets and command of English language spoken and in writing
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to learn
- Comfortable working in ambiguity but with high expectations
- You are available to travel
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs.
- 2-4 years of industry experience
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas – entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
If interested, please apply here.