Saudi Aramco is launching a major new global venture capital program with significant focus on the US market. The program will be investing in leading venture capital funds and directly into start-ups in diversified technology sectors, with a pure financial return objective. Investment will focus on high-growth sectors such as consumer, internet, e-commerce, social media, enterprise software, healthcare, fintech, deeptech, etc.
Saudi Aramco’s existing corporate energy venture capital program has established itself since incorporation in 2012 as a global leader in its field, having executed over 30 investments to date, co-invested with leading venture capital and corporate venture capital peers, established a track record of financial returns and deployment of portfolio technologies, and received recognition including the CEO’s Excellence Award and inclusion in Global Corporate Venturing’s ‘Powerlist 100’.
The US investment team is responsible for identifying, executing and managing venture fund and direct venture capital investments for the program in US, and generating an attractive financial return on investment.
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities in the venture capital sector in US
- Perform mapping of startup activity, competitive landscapes and market trends in specified industry subsectors
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Support valuation analysis through financial modelling
- Perform data room reviews and maintaining due diligence tracking
Reporting & Documentation
- Summarize call notes and enter deals into deal flow management system
- Help prepare internal investment memos
- Support periodic reporting on performance of fund and direct venture capital investments
- Ensure transaction documents are on file and maintained
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance disciplines from a leading university
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint & Excel
- Ethics – Honest and trustworthy and a model of high integrity
- Problem Solving – Analyze problems in a logical manner and recommend solutions, consider both the long- and short-term impact of proposed solutions and develop workable solutions
- Technical and Commercial Acumen – capability to assimilate the commercial potential of new technologies and identify opportunities and risks, and assess investment opportunities; developing knowledge of core concepts in competitive and market strategy, financial analysis (including experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques), investment analysis, valuation and due diligence
- Communication – Demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills; challenge ideas and be able to recommend solutions
- Teamwork – Promote achievement of team goals, motivate and support team members; able to build and maintain relationships across cultures and geographies
- Accountability – Take responsibility for actions; deliver high quality work in a timely manner; detail-oriented, self-motivated and proactive
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in venture capital, corporate venture capital, corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, start-up leadership or related fields
- International experience or ability to work across international cultures is desirable
If interested, please apply here.