Are you an emerging finance professional with a passion for education? Rethink Education is seeking to hire a highly resourceful, detail-oriented, and intellectually curious Venture Capital Analyst to join our team. Rethink Education is an impact-oriented venture capital fund focused on seed and early-stage investments in education technology companies. We invest in companies that will meet the challenges and opportunities of 21st-century learning, for people in all stages of life. While we are based in New York City, we are open to candidates elsewhere who can work NYC hours and travel to the city for quarterly meetings once COVID restrictions ease.
The Analyst will join our investment team and focus on sourcing and evaluating new deals, supporting due diligence, working with existing portfolio companies, and analyzing new technologies. The ideal candidate is someone with a demonstrated interest in education, connectivity to the EdTech startup community, and strong critical thinking, financial, and analytical skills. The Analyst will need to get up a learning curve quickly and be able to switch between multiple different activities in a given day. Prior venture capital experience is a plus, but not required.
What you’ll do:
- Research, identify, and source new companies for potential investment
- Analyze the EdTech market and monitor trends across segments (K-12, Higher Education, Workforce)
- Conduct due diligence on new investments, including market research, competitive analysis, and financial modeling
- Prepare presentations, investment memos, and portfolio reports
- Assemble documentation for quarterly financial reporting and external audits
- Support portfolio companies on an ongoing basis
- Develop content for annual investor meetings, impact summits, and other external audiences
- Assist the investment team as needed – there’s always something new on the horizon!
- Familiar with the EdTech landscape from work experience or personal interest
- Passionate about technology and its potential to have a positive impact on the education system
- A motivated self-starter, comfortable working in an unstructured environment
- A collaborator who works well on a small team, with high EQ and interpersonal skills
- A critical thinker with an ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and demonstrate sound judgment
- Deeply analytical, as demonstrated by a strong academic track record and/or professional experience
- Experienced in working in a fast-moving professional environment (1-2 years), preferably in investment banking, corporate development, or other financial institutions (private equity, hedge fund, venture capital), although other backgrounds will be considered
- Able to demonstrate financial modeling skills and knowledge of early-stage investment
The good stuff:
- You’ll be paid a competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- We provide a full benefits package including (but not limited to): health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, ample paid-time off and generous parental leave
- We believe in supporting our team member’s professional development. Past Analysts and Associates have gone on to top-ranked MBA programs, been promoted internally, or continued to grow in the EdTech space.
- Our team is deeply focused on impact, and your work will help grow companies that will transform our education systems for the better
Our commitment to inclusion
We are keenly aware that diverse teams make better decisions, and we welcome candidates of every race, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, and veteran status.
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to understand both your technical skills and your commitment to education; so please share any relevant context for why our mission resonates with you.
If interested, please apply here.