Stealth new fund associated with a premier media company, Penske Media Corp. and global destination event platform, SXSW, is looking to enter the venture fund – incubator space. This position can be based in Austin, NYC, or Los Angeles.As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Analyst role is core to the success of the fund and will be a crucial link in helping us source, due diligence and close investment transactions. Day to day will include the generation and assessment of new leads, market data analysis, commercial and financial due diligence, and proactive management of deal and project workstreams. This will span from the initial term sheet, all the way through the completion of the investment and assist in the management once part of the portfolio.
The Analyst will work with and learn from experienced early stage investment executives and diligence professionals as well as seasoned entrepreneurs every day and assist them in leading and orchestrating best practice tradecraft. Our focus on inclusion and diversity is what makes PMC the premier media company it is, our diverse workforce benefits fellow colleagues and clients alike. We believe in developing the leadership potential of all our team through continuous development and training opportunities.
What you’ll do as an Analyst:
- Help generate a pipeline of early stage investments through both parent company funnel and outbound hunting
- Continuously screen these potential deals including filtering and identifying deals which meet investment criteria, including commercial, financial and market data analysis
- As part of an investment team, coordinate and complete the due diligence process on live mandates
- Prepare detailed commercial, financial and market data books on each deal and investment committee papers
- Post investment, facilitate seamless onboarding (working with executive team) and parent company and LP’s.
- Ensure all documentation and databases related to our deal pipeline and completed deals are kept in meticulous order
We are seeking:
A highly motivated self-starter with a thirst for knowledge and keen problem solving skills. You need both an analytical and commercial mind, analyzing data but also being able to articulate what this means on an operational, marketing or strategy level. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and come with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong drive to succeed.Additionally, you have:
- Investment, M&A, Valuations or Financial Due Diligence experience
- At least 2-3 years experience at a top tier IB, PE, VC, management consulting or major accounting/restructuring practice
- Experienced in financial modelling and data analysis / manipulation
- Strong presentation skills and competent at PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong work ethic and willing to put in extra efforts in to achieve tight deal deadlines
If interested, please apply here.