This role will allow the selected candidate to better understand the venture capital business by gaining valuable insight into emerging trends in high-growth sectors, and might assist in transitioning to a leadership role within a startup project.
We’re a small team based in New York City, and are looking for someone who fits our culture.
- Meet with entrepreneurs who have started businesses in which Paliwoda Ventures may be interested in investing.
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, which may require financial or web-analytics modeling, interviewing customers/users or potential customers/users, or testing products and services.
- Reporting for our investments team, which includes helping to set companies’ valuations, writing quarterly updates, and packaging relevant material for key stake-holders.
- Work with Paliwoda Group portfolio companies, including assisting with hiring, events-planning, research, and board meetings.
- Design and execute self-directed projects that help The Paliwoda Group and/or our portfolio companies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills — well-defended opinions are a necessity.
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills – you’ll often be talking to entrepreneurs and other investors on behalf of The Paliwoda Group.
- Comfort modeling in Excel.
- Ideally, prior design or programming experience or work in an investment or internet-related position.
If interested, please apply here.