Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $15 trillion. To learn more, visit: http://www.nasdaq.com
Launched in 2017, Nasdaq Ventures is a global venture investing program focused on cultivating talent and technology advancement within financial services—spurring innovation that aligns with and accelerates our vision to reimagine the markets of tomorrow. We invest in companies across seven key themes including: data analytics, artificial intelligence, RegTech and compliance, blockchain and digital assets, market infrastructure, new marketplaces, and ESG. The team has invested in 18 companies to date, most recently SportTrade, a new peer-to-peer sports betting marketplace. To learn more, visit: https://www.nasdaq.com/nasdaq-ventures.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Nasdaq Ventures provides unique exposure to the world of corporate venture capital and financial technology. As an Analyst, you will be an integral part of our small and collaborative team of venture professionals (which will total 5 with this addition). You will assist the team in evaluating new investments and support ad-hoc portfolio management activities. You will work collaboratively with the strategy leads for each of Nasdaq’s business units, present opportunities to senior Nasdaq leadership, and meet dozens of passionate founders from across the globe.
- Conduct industry research, company screening, and competitive benchmarking
- Read & review business plans and pitch decks
- Assess market/company attractiveness and potential strategic synergies to help identify compelling businesses
- Manage/document meetings with entrepreneurs and general deal flow
- Assist with the preparation of investment memos and presentations, term sheet review, structuring and negotiation, due diligence, valuation analysis, financial modeling, review of definitive transaction documents.
- Attend board meetings in a non-voting observer capacity
- Track and report on performance of portfolio
- Support business development to drive synergies between Nasdaq businesses and portfolio companies
You Will Need The Following Skills And Experience
- Understanding of venture capital and a desire to learn about capital markets technology, market structure, data, and workflows
- Relevant internship or full-time work experience in venture capital, strategy consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or at a startup in a strategy/finance role (maximum 2 years)
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects and meet associated deadlines across multiple assignments
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication, and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Polished abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
And it would be great if you have experience with
- Capital markets fintech
- Software engineering
- Legal contract analysis
Sounds like you? Please follow through by clicking the “Apply” link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon, and in the meantime please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
If interested, please apply here.