Driven by our mission of bringing blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies from theory to the real world, Nakamoto & Turning Labs (N&T Labs) is a New York City-based research institute focused on investment, consulting service and education in the field of blockchain and AI. We are a team of professors and scientists who believe passionately in the power of blockchain and AI technologies to disrupt major industries and change the way we live in the near future. Headquartered in Manhattan, we also have offices in Hangzhou and Shenzhen. We are growing fast and we need your help.
Visit our website: http://www.ntlabs.io
You will mostly be working on the AI/blockchain startup accelerator project we are launching this month. Our investment focus: Pre-A; Blockchain/AI startups.
- Sourcing – Meet with the founders of prospective portfolio companies, review accelerator applications, and participate in accelerator interviews.
- Research – Research markets, vendors, and products related to AI and blockchain technologies.
- Analysis – Assist the firm’s Partners in analyzing all aspects of potential investments. You may review things such as financial statements, competitive positioning, customer and founder reference calls, product demos, and technical architecture. You will present your findings to our investment committee to directly inform decision making.
- Investment Reporting – Create regular reports that summarize the firm’s investment performance, as well as updates on portfolio company progress. These will be shared with both the firm’s Partners and its LPs.
- Portfolio Reporting – Track portfolio company performance, monitor reporting materials, and review board decks.
- Portfolio Support – Assist portfolio companies with financial modeling, investor decks, and related materials.
- Presentation – Create high quality internal or customer-facing presentations.
- Networking – Network within the startup ecosystem (external accelerators, venture capitalists, universities, tech vendors) to source relevant startups for our accelerator program
- Ability to produce “presentation-ready” memos, reports, & financial analyses.
- Relevant experience in a technology product organization or in digital infrastructure, as an engineer or product manager, or venture capital analyst.
- Familiarity with the startup ecosystem including incubators, accelerators, venture capital.
- Basic understanding of financial statements.
- Strong Excel skills; bonus points for PowerPoint and Keynote skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- College degree
- Intellectually curious self-starter with a strong interest in tech startups and venture capital.
- Drive and disposition to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility to work independently and with teams.
- Organizational skills and a process-oriented approach.
If interested, please apply here.