We’re looking for a full-time Analyst to join our investment team. Our Analyst will play a central role at Lerer Hippeau, where you’ll source and research new opportunities, assist in due diligence, and support our current portfolio companies. At Lerer Hippeau, we’re an inclusive and flat organization. We have a strong track record of promoting from within and helping those on our team grow in their roles at our firm. We’re excited to kick off the search for a new Analyst.
Lerer Hippeau is the most active early-stage venture capital fund in New York. The firm has more than 250 active portfolio companies with investments in leading consumer and enterprise companies, including Allbirds, Warby Parker, Guideline, Zipline, Axios, and Namely. Founded by a team of operators, the firm invests across all sectors, backing entrepreneurs with product vision, customer insight, and a keen instinct for brand building.
As an Analyst you will:
- Grow our network, source, and identify early-stage investment opportunities in sectors including SaaS, emerging tech, health care, consumer, fintech, and more.
- Build and nurture relationships with current and up-and-coming founders and operators in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and beyond.
- Track progress of pre-seed companies, identify, and form relationships with potential future founders.
- Conduct market mapping and due diligence on potential investments, evaluating risks and opportunities.
- Continuously learn about new themes, trends, and technologies.
- Develop deal sense and conviction around companies you’re evaluating.
- You have a minimum of two years of work experience and interest in venture capital and technology.
- You are intellectually curious with strong analytical and communication skills to understand both quantitative data and qualitative evidence as we evaluate investment opportunities.
- You enjoy meeting new people and building a community. But, most importantly, you like to connect the dots.
- You are unafraid to challenge others’ perspectives and you welcome the same.
- A plus if you have a passion for emerging technologies, SaaS, and the future of technology.
This is a full-time position based in New York City. Fill out the application here. The deadline to apply is March 13th, 2020.
In the meantime, get to know us:
And keep up with the Lerer Hippeau community: