Hatzimemos / Libby (H/L Ventures) helps mission-driven founders build inspiring, valuable companies from inception to exit. We believe that high returns and high impact are directly linked, and our diverse group of founders share that ethos. Our powerful venture studio model is designed to support our companies with daily active engagement, expertise, access, and capital throughout their entrepreneurial journey. We are based in New York City and founded in 2009, and have a track record of growing successful start-ups across many industries. We are committed to a culture of integrity, excellence, and hard work. www.h-l.vc
H/L seeks an enthusiastic, innovative, dedicated, and mature Analyst to join our family. We are looking for a professional with some prior experience in venture capital, and a passion for entrepreneurship, social impact, and working hands on with early stage companies. The Analyst would directly support our Senior Analyst and other key staff members, and report to the Managing Partner. The primary activities for the Analyst are to assist in H/L’s evaluation of start-ups, due diligence process, deal structuring, and support of existing portfolio companies. H/L is building a new model for venture, and our Analyst will be a crucial part of our team, based in New York City. The Analyst will be responsible for vital tasks, including the following:
Sourcing and Due Diligence
- Conducting general market research in sectors of interest;
- Proactively seeking potential candidate companies;
- Reviewing business plans, financial models, and other due diligence materials of potential candidate companies, including performing financial modeling, deal structure analysis, and product testing;
- Taking part in and/or managing phone screens and meetings during the due diligence process;
- Producing internal memos and diligence reports on candidate companies;
- Managing databases of opportunities and relevant relationships.
Portfolio Company Growth & Platform Activities
- Taking part in regular calls/meetings with existing portfolio companies;
- Assisting in projects, analysis, and other value-add work for existing portfolio companies;
- Leveraging H/L’s powerful ecosystem of staff, Venture Partners, Advisors, and investors effectively;
- Please note that H/L maintains virtually daily contact with our portfolio companies, so it is expected that the Analyst will be able to dynamically support various portfolio company needs.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a number of important characteristics, including being:
- Experienced. Prior venture capital experience of 1-3 years is preferred, including comfort with financial modeling, facility with cap tables and standard structures, and participation in due diligence processes.
- Committed. Passion for positive social impact; deep sense of integrity and exceptional judgment.
- Professional. Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and discretion, including situation-appropriate work and communication style.
- Hard-Working. Possessing a strong work ethic, responsive, and detailed. Stays until the job is done.
- Positive. Helpful can-do attitude as a mature team player; strong ability to build and curate relationships and trust; do-any-job attitude.
- Proactive. Confident, with the ability to work flexibly and autonomously in an open-ended, self-directed work culture, especially given H/L’s compact team and relatively unstructured office environment.
- Critical Thinker. Creative, intellectually curious, analytical, and truly engaged by difficult questions and new models.
- Organized. Advanced organization and multitasking skills, allowing effective prioritization and meeting deadlines without fail.
- Communicative. Possessing strong communications skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal), especially as the Analyst will often be talking to entrepreneurs and stakeholders on behalf of the firm.
- Technically-Adept. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, other technical and product-related skills beneficial; facility with Pitchbook and other research tools helpful
- Academically Qualified. Excellent academic performance; at least a Bachelor’s Degree.
If interested, please apply here.