Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, communication, presentation and client advisory skills? We have an excellent new position available within our Global Ventures team for an Analyst in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The Global Ventures Team is responsible for advising on people related processes during the firm’s strategic acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs and new office openings. The team serves as the HCM point of contact for business teams and, depending upon the nature of the transaction, will provide advisory services on people integration, retention, and communication strategies. This function requires liaising with other departments such as Firmwide Strategy, Legal, Compliance, Controllers, Tax and will also involve coordinating with other HCM functions, including Firmwide Compensation, Equity Compensation, Benefits and Wellness, and Global Mobility Services.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Individual must be a strong project manager with excellent communication skills. The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Coordinating all people related aspects throughout the lifecycle of an integration or separation, which involves project management, partnering across several stakeholders, leading working groups, onboarding/transitioning employees
- Supporting the team to develop and implement people related recommendations during a transaction, including integration strategy and compensation and retention recommendations
- Managing employee data throughout transaction; oversee integration or separation of employee records in the firm’s systems, organize and track employee related details, including compensation information
- Assessing and evaluating employee related risks during due diligence phase of a transaction
- Developing employee communication strategies, e.g., timeline, speaking points, frequently asked questions
- Advising divisional management and HCM on people related considerations during new office openings and strategic employee transfers
- Additionally, the role involves support on the firm’s Recovery and Resolution Planning
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field in HR or an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics
- Approximately 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong project management skills; ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop relationships with professionals across several HCM groups and act as an effective liaison to meet client needs
- Comfortable working with and analyzing data, ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis and preference for individuals with strong Power Point skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a global team environment