Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at http://www.dsm.com .
Do you want to build and support DSM Venturing’s startup investment portfolio that focuses on innovative growth options in Nutrition, Health and Biosciences? Would you like to be at the forefront of DSM’s ambition to transform its business focus? Do you enjoy the speed and innovation typical to startups, as well as the market leadership and operating excellence of a global company? If you have experience in startups or venture capital, this could be the perfect match for you!
Food Tech Investment Analyst – DSM Venturing
Location: Remote or Boston, MA
Reporting into: Deal Captain DSM Venturing
About DSM Venturing
DSM Venturing is the corporate venture capital arm of Royal DSM. We invest in startup companies in (human and animal) Nutrition, Health and Biosciences. Thereby we increase innovation opportunities for DSM while supporting startup inventors and entrepreneurs with everything from ideation to operating a sustainable business. We tend to take an active role in these startups as a shareholder and by providing experienced Board Members. At the same time we are startup investors who take minority participations, usually with other seasoned and domain-expert VCs, CVs and family offices as co-investors. We always encourage the startups we invest in to retain and further develop their entrepreneurial drive, team, agility and business responsibility.
Perhaps most importantly, our commitment to these companies we invest in goes beyond funding. The DSM Venturing team draws upon all our collective experience as startup operators and investors to coach entrepreneurs whenever (and wherever) needed; and this is supported by the immense scientific and commercial resources within DSM – in everything from IP, validation, scaling manufacturing, quality and safety, to market intelligence, partnering and licensing; and new technology scouting The DSM Venturing team operates from three hubs, close to the world’s most vibrant startup ecospheres: Boston/New York (USA), the Bay Area (USA) and Amsterdam (NL). This position will be connected to (and ideally, based out of) Boston-Cambridge, which serves as a hub for our investment activities in the US and Canada.
What We Have To Offer
DSM Venturing is looking to hire an Investment Analyst to support new business growth. If you are looking to help shape the future of DSM, here is a chance to build a legacy you can be proud of!
Together with your colleagues from DSM Venturing, you will:
- A strong desire to participate in Venture Capital Deal flow and Food Tech Trends in the United States
- 3 years or more of experience in venture capital, investment banking or a tech start up
- Understanding of investment practices as well as financial principals of running a start up business
- Experience in financial modeling, market research, business intelligence
- Source and identify new investment opportunities and qualify inbound leads.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities, in the US and Canada, through market research, financial modelling, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Join multidisciplinary due diligence teams (with subject matter experts drawn from commercial teams, HR, R&D, IP, legal, financial, M&A) to assess and close investment deals.
- Be an active contributor to the startup ecosystem by organizing activities and participating in local events.
- Work within a global multinational, as well as in startup environments.
What we look for in you:
- BS or MS Degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 3 years or more of experience in a technical capacity – Engineering, Product or Technology roles with a tech start-up or in investment banking, corporate finance, strategy consulting or venture capital.
- Understanding of investment practices in start-ups as well as financial principles of running a startup business.
- Experience in financial modeling, market research, business intelligence.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative to resolve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, can engage with all levels in and outside the organization.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Working for DSM means contributing to improving people’s lives and solving the global societal challenges of today’s and tomorrow’s. Working with a variety of startups, DSM’s world-leading business groups and the inspiring environment of the DSM Venturing team allow you to enhance your personal and career development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and therefor pursues a competitive and fair remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
If Interested, please apply here.