Bullish is an early-stage consumer investment firm on a quest to be the most valuable ally to founders looking to build disruptive 21st century consumer brands. To help find, fund, and focus on the right opportunities, we are seeking an analyst with 0-2 years experience and a hungry passion to break into venture capital.
We invest in the pre-seed/seed/Series A stages in companies and are the first investors in notable brands such as Peloton, Casper, Harry’s, care\of, function of beauty, Clare, HumanCo, NomNom and Sunday. But our financial capital is a mere entry point into the value we bring.
One part fund, one part strategic marketing agency, our investment operation is buoyed by an insatiable team of strategists, designers, and business types looking at early-stage investing from a demand-side mindset. As a group of people from the worlds of marketing, creativity and finance, we often say money is the least valuable thing we bring to an investment. Our quest is to harness the unfair advantage marketing can bring when married to the financial world.
We are looking for a hungry and high-potential Analyst to join our investment team. This person will have a “no task too big or too small” attitude and be willing to get their hands dirty on everything from deal sourcing to fund administrative duties. Because our team is lean and agile, we expect this person to be involved in all aspects of our fund operations.
Experience wise, we realize that this person is in the early stages of her/his career, so any proof-of-concept via internships or real-world experience will be considered. We seek someone who demonstrates undeniable hustle, determination, curiosity, unmistakable integrity, values, and a belief in teamwork. Please note that this position is based in our New York, NY office.
- Assisting with all aspects of investment due diligence process (i.e. category research, company deep drives, industry theses, business analysis, deal structuring)
- Reading/reviewing business plans and pitch decks
- Aiding with assessment of inbound leads, deal flow database management, and portfolio engagement
- Providing analysis related to dealflow, portfolio, and/or overall performance
- Creating and ensuring ongoing fund materials are kept up to date
- Coordinating and co-planning marketing opportunities
- Balancing administrative duties including pre-meeting research, obtaining products, etc.
- Liaising with team members across Bullish
- Bachelor’s degree, experience in a professional environment
- Strong organizational, oral, and written skills
- Proof of curiosity in the areas in which we operate
- Desire to sweat the small stuff with an attention to detail and ability to think one step ahead
- Comfortable working independently, while multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-moving environment that demands accountability
- A positive attitude and collaborative approach
What Bullish offers:
- Competitive salary, less applicable taxes, and paid in accordance with our standard, bi-monthly payroll practices
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance subsidized by Bullish (~83%)
- Participation in employee profit-sharing program and 401(k) program
- Our flexible paid time off (PTO) policy that asks us all to be responsible to each other and understanding that work/life balance is a personal obligation
- Quarterly review check-ins/ongoing dialogue on development and annual review (Q4)
- Development – we would love for you/us to be growing at a pace that has you moving forward in a new role in 18-24 months
Are you interested? Why you? What makes you different? Someone to bet on? Tell us why at email@example.com with the subject line “Analyst | Fund.”