The Arc Companies
… are seeking a highly motivated, Venture Capital analyst to join our team. We invest opportunistically in a wide array of start-ups, later stage companies and funds, including a substantial focus in technology broadly, e.g., ad tech, AI, automotive, cyber, dev opps, digital health, fin tech, gaming, HR, industrial tech, iot, insurtech, medical devices, pharma, proptech, search, space, and weather tech. Arc is a small, fun environment where bright, creative thinkers have joined together to do unique, opportunistic venture capital investing.
We value intellectual curiosity, rigorous analysis, creative problem solving, a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to express individual opinions to help us identify the best paths forward.
Join the Team!
The successful candidate will be highly responsible, personable and have venture capital, investment or related experience. Our new Analyst will work closely with Arc’s founder, the CIO and the rest of the investment team.
You will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact!
This new role will join our existing team and focus on the following:
- Help source and evaluate new investment opportunities, including funds, SPVs and direct investments
- Perform due diligence evaluations of potential portfolio companies
- Curate the investment opportunity pipeline to drive our communication with those companies in which we are interested in investing or otherwise assisting
- Build detailed forecasts and financial models to support investment thesis
- Collaborate with the CIO and the rest of the Investment Team to do strategic planning, as well as develop and evolve systems, policies, and procedures for managing our pipeline and portfolio
- Perform industry research, including competitor analysis for prospective portfolio companies
- Assist portfolio companies with business development, future funding and other strategic initiatives
Relevant Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Analytical, creative problem solver with strong quantitative background
- Bachelors Degree (finance or economics preferred)
- 2‐5 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, business, finance, and/or start-ups
- Collaborative thinker who excels in teams and is also an independent, self‐starter
- Deep interest in technology, entrepreneurship and business
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines
- Recent MBA graduates will also be considered
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and other Microsoft Office apps
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer excellent benefits.
If interested, please apply here.