Abbott Capital Management was founded in 1986 and remains a leading, independently-owned and managed investment firm. With over $9 billion in AUM, Abbott specializes in building customized private equity portfolios, managing assets for a global investor base comprised of public, corporate, and multi-employer pension funds, foundations, endowments, family offices, and high net worth individuals. Leveraging our global institutional private equity platform, Abbott has made over $20 billion in commitments to more than 500 venture capital and private equity partnerships across primary, secondary, and co-investment opportunities on behalf of our clients.
The analyst will work with other members of the partnership investment team to assist in the screening, evaluation, and due diligence of primary and secondary private equity partnership investments (limited partnership interests in private equity funds) and co-investments (direct investments alongside private equity managers). In addition, the analyst will work with members of the operations and client relations teams on various database and reporting projects. Note that this is not a direct investing role.
Responsibilities May Include
- Tracking new investment opportunities in the deal log
- Identifying and analyzing relevant data in order to prepare quantitative analyses of prospective and existing partnership investments
- Gathering and analyzing information for reporting on existing partnership investments
- Participating in research and conducting due diligence on potential investment opportunities and assisting in recommendations to other members of the investment team regarding such investments
- Assisting senior investment professionals with the modelling and analysis of secondary opportunities and co-investments
- Benchmarking returns of client partnership portfolios
- Attending and documenting meetings with general partners of partnership groups
- Participating in weekly and monthly investment team meetings and contributing to the firm’s investment decision-making process
- Various other special projects in support of the investment process
This investment position offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience working closely with the partnership investment team at an industry-leading private equity fund manager.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics or other quantitative discipline
0-2 years of prior work experience (2017-2018 college graduates preferred)
Excellent Written And Oral Communication Skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
Experience With Financial, Cash Flow And IRR Analysis
Understanding of private equity
Available for immediate start
If interested, please apply here.