We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
We have backed more than 2,500 companies or 5,000+ entrepreneurs in 75+ countries. Notable investments in the 500 portfolio include Credit Karma, Twilio, Canva, Grab, Bukalapak, The RealReal, Talkdesk, Udemy, and Ipsy. Because of our global network and expertise, we are in a unique position to build startups ecosystems worldwide.
Beyond providing seed capital, 500 supports startups via their Seed Accelerator Programs which emphasize digital marketing, customer acquisition, lean startup practices, and fundraising for pre-Seed companies. 500 Startups further contributes to the development of innovation ecosystems by supporting startups and investors through educational programs, events, conferences, and partnerships with corporations and governments around the world.
What We Need
We are looking for a dynamic Analyst, Growth Investments to join the 500 team.
You will engage with 500 General Partners around the world to identify trends and opportunistic growth investments in our portfolio, secure allocations, lead thesis-building, craft our fundraising strategy and finally, project manage each deal end-to-end. 500’s portfolio companies are scaling fast and deals are closing even faster. Be prepared for a fast-paced environment maximizing impact for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to inform assessment of investment opportunities spanning several sub-sectors and geographies
- Build research and analyses needed to equip 500 General Partners procure the right growth investment allocations
- Perform thorough deal evaluation including due diligence, company analysis and financial modeling
- Build a compelling investment case and respective marketing materials to maximize the impact of the portfolio company narrative
- Manage live deals from procurement of allocation through deal closing across stakeholders to ensure objectives are met within the deal timeline
- Own and continuously improve the processes to maximize the impact of deal execution
- Monitor market trends and closely track target investment assets to support growth investment decisions.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, mathematics or business
- 3+ years of experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, corporate finance, management consulting or analytics at a technology company.
- Passion for data, and analysis; ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify meaningful patterns, and derive business insights.
- Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to excellent work product.
- High proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Hard-working, quick learner with a passion for the technology industry.
If interested, please apply here.