2048 Ventures is an early stage venture capital firm. We invest in exceptional entrepreneurs who are building businesses differentiated through technology. We are based in NYC, and invest in founders from New York, Boston, and emerging tech cities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working closely with one of the partners, be exposed to many aspects of a new venture firm, and learn about VC investing in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires exceptional organization and time management, an excellent communicator, a tech-savvy personality, and an individual who can successfully juggle multiple tasks at any given time.
This role is structured as a two year commitment. We are open to a longer-term role for the right candidate, but generally plan and support your transition into an operating/finance role or graduate school.
Compensation is commensurate with the role and experience.
- Manage and assist with day-to-day activities of the partner, including:
- Stay on top of founders’ needs, timeline and collect all data as needed
- Track new investment opportunities, including processing inbound dealflow
- Conduct extensive investment diligence and research
- Co-manage the partner’s inbox and communications – including written + verbal interactions
- Manage the partner’s relationships and connections, to ensure we’re hyper-responsive and on top of everything
- Prepare for meetings and trips (external and internal)
- Fund operations (as needed):
- Basic office and HR-related activities
- Coordination with our back office and reporting
- Assistance with LP and 2048 Network communications prep
- Fast and detail-oriented, with strong common sense
- Positivity in all interactions
- Embraces constructive feedback
- GTD mentality, with zero ego in terms of what you work on
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to figure anything out
Preferred but not required:
- Passion for venture and startups
- 2+ years work experience, ideally in roles that involve some level of project management
- Background in consulting, banking, corporate development / corporate strategy, or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume in PDF form, along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SUBJECT: Analyst / Associate @ 2048.vc + your name
- 1 paragraph on why you want to work in venture and at 2048 Ventures specifically
- 1 paragraph on why you would be best qualified for this role
- List 3 early-stage startups you love and why