WHY YOU WANT THIS
- Join the PropTech industry’s leading venture capital, startup acceleration and international advisory firm
- Opportunity to play a central role in a fast-growing, fast-moving venture capital platform in one the tech economy’s most exciting sectors.
- Gain invaluable experience in all aspects of the venture capital industry
- Build influential relationships in the venture capital, technology and real estate industries
- Grow your career with a dynamic team in a fabulous Flatiron/Chelsea office location
The Senior Associate position is a new role within our fast growing PropTech firm.
This is an opportunity to play a central role in a fast-growing early-stage venture capital firm. You will gain invaluable hands-on experience in all aspects of the venture capital industry and have a front row seat to one of the most exciting sectors in the tech market. You will work closely with the investment partnership and support all aspects of the deal process, fund operations and the growth of the venture platform. It is a unique opportunity to work on the frontlines of venture investing, deepen deal and operational experience, build sector knowledge, work with talented entrepreneurs, other VCs, limited partners, real estate industry executives, and other constituents in the PropTech ecosystem.
This is a post-MBA (or equivalent) role. The ideal candidate is passionate and savvy about all things tech and has 3-5 years experience in venture capital (GP or LP), consulting, banking/PE or similar experience and/or operations experience in a management position at a startup. We work really hard and accomplish 2X what one can in a corporate setting with a small team of innovative, smart and ambitious people. A person who loves working collaboratively but can get stuff done independently, moves fast, and has limitless curiosity for the evolving real estate technology world would fit in well with our team. This specific position is particularly well suited to a candidate who has particular strength in finance, operations, and/or due diligence/research.
- Market Research and Deal Diligence: Helping identify and diligence investment opportunities, including meeting with entrepreneurs, understanding existing and new markets and competitive dynamics, analyzing business and financial models as well as business strategy and operational plans, and conducting reference checks
- Deal Execution and Analysis: Executing new and follow-on financings, including formulating investment memos, structuring deals, modeling cap table scenarios, and managing legal processes through to close
- Pipeline Management: Own MetaProp’s deal funnel and CRM, including company tracking and logging, and pipeline analysis and reporting
- Portfolio Support: Working with portfolio companies on key issues, coordinating and expanding MetaProp’s network of portfolio support resources, facilitating and analyzing portfolio communications and value add
- Community Engagement: Representing MetaProp at industry events, bringing new entrepreneurs into the firm’s network, and generally keeping a pulse on the PropTech community
- Thought Leadership: Further MetaProp’s position as a thought leader in the PropTech market by contributing to thesis development and authoring and publishing market research and opinion
- Venture Platform Building and Execution: Day-to-day hands on role across internal fund management and administrative functions, continue to build out and evolve MetaProp’s investment and internal procedures and tools based on experience
- Investor Relations & Fundraising: Lead regular investor reporting and events, coordinate relationship management. track and analyze investor value add, support all aspects of fundraising efforts
- 3–5 years of venture capital (GP or LP), consulting, banking/PE or similar experience and/or operations experience in a management position at a startup
- You are extremely well-versed in and savvy about the venture capital ecosystem with experience conducting many of the responsibilities detailed above
- Passionate (borderline obsessive) about tech-enabled businesses and all things startups and venture capital, you always have deals in your back pocket and compelling rationales for why they would make attractive investments
- Strong understanding of how to analyze and vet an investment opportunity, you have an instinct for the important questions to ask and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and analytical skills; can navigate financial models and large datasets to distill the key points and tell a story
- Have a point of view, innovative thinker and outstanding verbal and written communicator
- Proactive and a self-starter, high energy and a strong work ethic, an execution machine
- Constant and organized learner, insatiably curious, you love diving into a new challenge or subject area and approach it with both intrigue and rigor
- Enjoys building relationships and networking
- Strong organizational and systems creation skills
- MBA, technical or similar degree with a record of achievement
- Lives in NYC
MetaProp is the world’s leading early stage PropTech investment, advisory and startup acceleration firm.
MetaProp’s team and venture capital funds have invested in 90+ technology companies across the real estate value chain. Currently investing out of its $40 million second fund, MetaProp’s investor base represents a pilot- and test-ready sandbox of 15+ billion square feet across every real estate asset type and global market.
MetaProp’s investment activities are complemented by its continuum of PropTech acceleration programs. Each year, up to 30 of the best technology driven real estate industry ideas are selected to participate in intensive education, mentorship and growth hacking programs, culminating in exclusive Graduation Defense panels and bi-coastal Demo Days for partners, investors, VCs and media. Founded in 2015, the accelerator boasts 100+ mentors, 10 renowned corporate partners and widespread media coverage from the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Crain’s New York Business, New York Post, TechCrunch, Inman, Bisnow, Real Estate Weekly and more.
MetaProp’s advisory consulting arm, MetaProp Advisors, provides strategic advisory services, growth consulting, communications, event management and market research for real estate companies that are serious about innovation. In addition, MetaProp Advisors produces New York City Real Estate Tech Week; The MetaPropCast podcasts and also publishes the Global PropTech Confidence Index.
Email email@example.com with a brief email (500 words max) telling us 1) why your experiences will uniquely help you excel as an Senior Associate at MetaProp, 2) about one early-stage PropTech startup, not currently in the MetaProp portfolio, that you think we should invest in and why. Please attach your resume and list “Venture Capital Associate” in the subject line. We’ll be in touch if there’s a fit.