ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally . We deliver products, solutions, and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex networks of buyers, suppliers, and consumers. Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About This Role
As part of the Office of the CEO, you will be joining a diverse group of business and technology specialists working together to develop new blockchain ventures to help deliver next generation social, economic, and political systems. You will be expected to bring a creative, analytical, and agile mindset to structuring various kinds of financial deals, from ventures to M&A and Solutions engagements. This will include due diligence, market research, client meetings, and interactions across several teams within ConsenSys. You will also take part in financial planning, analysis, and forecasting across several parts of the organization. As a result, we expect a high degree of comfort and familiarity with financial modeling and analysis of financial data. We’re looking for someone who has worked at a venture capital fund, investment bank, growth / private equity funds or in corporate finance and development settings.
- Design new business / revenue models for new ventures
- Structure budgets for ventures and ConsenSys Solutions deals
- Business partnerships – work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Joint venture memos, deal structuring, technology IP diligence
- Market research / Deal diligence
- Data gathering – desk research / stakeholders and subject matter expert meetings
- Industry research, market mapping/sizing, financial analysis
- Analyze new venture opportunities / ROI of joint venture and other M&A opportunities
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant experience in venture capital funds, investment banks, growth equity funds, private equity funds, or corporate finance/development
- Strong analytical skills to develop, analyze and review business models, new venture economics/financial analyses, and potential intellectual property
- Sophisticated financial modeling – build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Experience in financial planning and analysis, forecasting, and compiling financial reports
- Proven track record in all aspects of deal due diligence process including industry research, market mapping/sizing, competitive market identification
- Exposure to startups / technology businesses / knowledge of and passion for cutting edge technologies/digital initiatives
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Resourceful & focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity – You always do what you say you will do
- Kind, curious, and thoughtful
- Deep knowledge and experience in the blockchain space (particularly exposure to Ethereum) CFA/ CPA certification
- Exposure to technology licensing
- Relevant degree(s) in Financial Engineering, Financial Economics, Business, etc.
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
If interested, please apply here.