Citi Ventures is Citi’s corporate innovation engine and the Citi Ventures Investing (CVI) team focuses on identifying and investing in entrepreneurs who will help define the future of financial services. CVI seeks to match business needs from Citi and/or Citi’s clients with its portfolio companies and other distinctive startups. Our dual objectives are to help our portfolio companies enhance their products and roadmaps and scale and to help accelerate Citi’s abilities to innovate.
The CVI team is seeking a highly motivated individual to help source, due diligence, and invest in distinctive startups in fintech (including commerce and payments) and enterprise software while helping introduce selected startups to Citi colleagues and clients to help deliver our dual objectives. The role is in New York.
Position Scope & Responsibilities:
- Investing and engaging with external ecosystem
- Conduct market research on emerging industry trends, deal flow, and specific startups
- Organize and attend venture capital and startup ecosystem events
- Source, screen and track dealflow proactively, via research-based targeted outreach, and reactively, by developing relationships with entrepreneurs and investors
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments in collaboration with deal leads
- Create investment decks, models, and deal memos
- Help portfolio companies align product roadmaps with key industry challenges and navigate Citi with relevant introductions
- Engaging with Citi colleagues and Clients
- Interact with Citi colleagues and Clients to understand strategic priorities and roadmaps
- Prepare presentations on industry trends for such internal and external discussions
- Organize domain sessions and startup workshops for Citi colleagues and Clients
Make startup introductions for commercialization opportunities to Citi colleagues and Clients
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in either venture investing (at a venture capital or growth equity firm or in corporate venture investing) or in technology-focused investment banking
- Bachelor’s degree from a top college or university, preferably in an analytical discipline (computer science is a plus)
- Drive and ability to collaborate in teams and work independently
- Ability to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
- Ability to navigate a large financial services organization and to engage executives from Citi and Citi Clients
If interested, please apply here.