Betaworks Ventures is a product-focused, seed-stage venture capital fund based in New York City. We make pre-seed and seed investments in companies building the future of how we live, work and play online. We work closely with companies around thematic areas focusing on augmented reality, computer vision, voice interfaces, conversational software, web3, and live+interactive. We build and work closely with companies that we view as core to our vision.
By investing in surprising new consumer behaviors and trends powered by frontier technologies, we’re usually among the first institutional investors. We’ve backed more than 150 companies; some that you may have heard of include Giphy, Anchor, Gimlet Media, Product Hunt, Medium, Kickstarter, and Tumblr. We invest at pre-seed and seed stage and our typical check size ranges from $100,000 to $500,000.
We always invest as part of a syndicate of angels and early-stage VCs. Our requirements from an investment perspective are simple, though narrow. Investments must be early-stage, heavily tech-focused, and have a working (public or private) prototype.
WHO YOU ARE:
Betaworks Ventures is looking for an experienced, hardworking, and passionate Senior Associate/Principal to join our investment team. This role supports the fund by conducting industry research, sourcing investment opportunities, performing rigorous due diligence, and providing support to our portfolio companies. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and startups.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Help Betaworks founders and enable portfolio company growth
- Help solve portfolio company challenges in strategy, operations, go-to-market, talent, financing, and other needs
- Primary point person for portfolio company tracking and support
- Learn, develop and support Betaworks investment thesis
- Assist with deal sourcing, screening, analysis, and investments
- Own early due-diligence process to include weekly investment committee meetings
- Work with other angels and investors in support of Betaworks founders and portfolio companies
- Support writing regular portfolio updates and investment memos
Betaworks Community Building and Network Operations
- Oversee Betawork’s knowledge base and understanding of industries, market trends, companies, and protocols
- Oversee analyst
- Create and develop programs to amplify Betaworks value to the startup and technology community
- Help be Betaworks presence at key events and build a network of startup founders, operators, and domain experts
- Support director of finance and head of operations on fund processes
- Contribute to investor relations, including organizing and running the annual LP meeting
- 3-5 years of operational experience in tech start-ups or experience as an Analyst or Associate in venture capital, banking, finance, or consulting – preferably Web3
- 5 to 8 years experience across a career in tech, banking, finance, or consulting
- Interest and experience in crypto and web3 projects
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record to succeed in an ever-changing environment
- Intellectually curious
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated judgment; record of making winning decisions
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust with others
- You can self-manage and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to synthesize complex information, form a point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to various audiences
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your family/spouse/legal dependents offered at 3 tiers
- Matched 401K retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Free membership to One Medical
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter and FSA benefits
- Flexible PTO and sick days
- A fast-paced yet supportive + awesome place to work
- Free snacks and coffee/cold brew
- A beautiful workspace in the Meatpacking District, alongside the High Line, Whitney, and Standard Hotel
- Working in proximity to the other Betaworks teams (Studios, Camps, E.A.T. Works)
- Expansive access to Betaworks resources and experts, including investing, branding, finance, and operations
*Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If interested, please apply here.