Republic Labs, the venture capital arm of Republic, is seeking a Venture Capital Senior Analyst to join the existing investment team. The analyst should possess excellent research and analytical skills, as well as an interest and ability to network with early-stage companies and limited partners (LPs). Venture capital, private equity, or consulting experience is a plus, but not required.
The position can be based in Manhattan, NY or Boston, MA.
About Republic Labs:
Republic Labs, launched in January, 2019, is the fast-growing venture capital arm of crowd-funding platform and financial services platform Republic. Republic Labs seeks early and mid-stage technology, tech-enabled and cpg companies that can produce venture-style returns. The investment strategy is stage and sector-agnostic, focusing instead on innovative technology, branding and business models. Republic Labs has invested in companies like Relativity Space, EquipmentShare, Carta, Coinmine, Long-Term Stock Exchange, Superpedestrian and others.
- Source, review, and evaluate potential investment opportunities for the Republic Labs investment committee.
- Manage and maintain the CRM system for prospective investments and current portfolio companies, helping the team stay on top of all new pertinent information, updates, and reporting. This includes preparing the quarterly report for limited partners of the funds.
- Perform due diligence for investment opportunities sourced by the wider team, rendering an informed opinion on the potential investment. This typically includes research on founders, executives, financials, market sizing, and upside and downside scenarios. This requires excellent communication and research skills, and may sometimes require travel.
- Assist the partnership in presenting investment opportunities to limited partners. Republic Labs often creates fund vehicles for specific investments, and this requires the team to present to LPs on an on-going,frequent basis. The analyst will participate, and in some cases lead, these presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or a great story about how you dropped out to start your own company.
- Operating experience at a startup.
- Experience with a venture capital, private equity or consulting group is a plus but not required.
- Passion for technology, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Highly productive and efficient with time and task management.
- Curiosity and humility. Desire to learn and take feedback.
- Entrepreneurial. Republic Labs is a small team and all members wear multiple hats. The analyst will join the team in “getting their hands dirty”.
- Strong critical thinking and the ability to challenge ideas and defend positions.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communications skills, especially in the area of business development.
If interested, please apply here.