Kairos is growing and we’re looking for a senior financial analyst who can support us on our mission to build and scale entrepreneurial solutions to the massive challenges our generation is facing. You will directly support our existing companies as they enter an exciting period of growth, helping determine the best funding and operating strategy to scale. You will also be involved in our analysis and decision-making around new companies to incubate and new markets to enter.
We’re also looking for someone relentlessly curious, not only to help us understand the competitive landscape and trends that our companies are navigating, but also to ensure that we stay ahead of new markets.
This is a unique opportunity for someone from the finance and banking world to break into venture capital. It’s also an opportunity to learn the fundraising process, both at the individual company level and the fund level. We’ll be expecting someone who is ready for a fast-paced and urgent environment, getting your hands dirty and pushing yourself to ensure we make thoughtful decisions under startup timelines. You’ll have direct involvement and exposure to some of our most critical company decisions, and your time will have a real impact on our companies’ paths to market.
- Building and maintaining a financial summary of all of Kairos’ investments and vehicles
- Tracking portfolio performance across all of Kairos, within each fund, and at each company. Revenue, burn, runway, cash in bank, return on capital, etc
- Track and store all portfolio company updates and cap tables (in our CRM and portfolio tracking system)
- Build financial models to better understand the key levers behind the growth of our companies
- Support the diligence process and investment memo creation for new investments
- Perform ongoing competitive analysis and identifying market comps for our companies (with respect to valuation and performance)
- Record minutes/notes during Investment Committee meetings, LPAC meetings, and team meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years finance experience (investment banking, private equity, etc)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- Experience with credit underwriting
- Experience with valuation analysis and modeling
- Strong communication skills
- Full time role, based in New York City
- Passionate, high-energy, team in a fast-paced work environment
- Offer competitive compensation
- Reports directly to the CEO
We are a 10-year-old startup studio focused on making life better & more affordable. We build companies around the world to lower the costs of essential services like healthcare, childcare, housing, and education. We identify the largest global issues facing the everyday consumer and work with the brightest entrepreneurs to develop solutions to them. Our team is incredibly passionate, fast-moving, and mission-driven. For more information about Kairos, please visit http://www.kairoshq.com
If interested, please apply here.