This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
About AXIS Capital
AXIS Capital (NYSE: AXS) is a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance with ~$5bn market cap and over $25bn in total assets. We proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
About AXIS Digital Ventures
At AXIS Digital Ventures (ADV) we believe the insurance industry is undergoing nothing short of a technology-fueled transformation. Insurance is a $5tn industry — a critical part of the modern economy and society – and ADV seeks to couple AXIS Capital’s deep expertise in specialty insurance and global reinsurance with best-in-class technology companies and founders looking to participate in building the future of insurance, even at the earliest stage when a company is still just an entrepreneur’s idea.
Since 2018, ADV creates strategic partnerships with emerging technology companies and best-in-class entrepreneurs and management teams across industries, as well as executes venture capital investments that advance AXIS’ digital initiatives and growth areas globally.
Entrepreneurs seek out ADV for our deep understanding of the complex, nuanced insurance industry, our belief that technology will become further embedded in all parts of the insurance value chain, and our ability to assess feasibility and opportunities in InsurTech, even if the company is at its nascency or currently not operating in the insurance space.
ADV is hiring at the Sr. analyst level to support the team across all aspects of their work. You will work both internally cross functionally across AXIS to build relationships and connect AXIS stakeholders to InsurTechs while supporting the implementation of new digital and technological capabilities / POCs and externally to source, assess, partner and invest in relevant InsurTechs. You will be expected to participate across the full lifecycle of strategic partnerships and early-stage investment including sourcing opportunities, performing competitive research on peer activity and technology companies, participate in due diligence, assist in putting together investment memos that get sent to the Investment Committee, etc. From these interactions, you will engage with business leaders to develop broad understanding of AXIS Capital’s strategy in both business segments and functions. You will be expected to participate in conferences and in-person events (when possible) so up to 25% travel may be required (COVID dependent). Once AXIS Capital returns to the office, you should plan to live in NYC. Immediate start is preferred.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree from a top university with a great GPA plus at least 2 years of work experience with exposure to financial services (Insurance specifically not required) including (but not limited to): management consulting, FinTech, banking, etc.
- Proven interest and passion in new technologies, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Curiosity toward new technology trends and business models
- Ability to form, articulate & share new perspectives & opinions while being open to respectful & thoughtful debate
- High degree of emotional intelligence in engaging with entrepreneurs and internal change management
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills including writing, speaking and slide design
- Eager to learn the finance/transactional processes (exposure & comfort around quantitative analyses preferred, including strong Excel skills)
- Collaborative approach to working across AXIS Capital, portfolio companies and other investors
If interested, please apply here.