Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Graduate degree in business administration, or related field highly preferred.
Equivalent Experience required: 5+years’ experience working in accounting, finance, asset management or investments. Venture capital investment experience preferred.
Knowledge required: Excellent program management, writing, researching, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Solid understanding of the principals of venture capital investing. Familiarity with economic development issues and policy. Understanding of common challenges for startups.
- Manage the operation of the $100MM Direct Investment Fund (“the Fund”). Hire and supervise investment team, develop investment strategy for the Fund, design operating processes, source and evaluation new transactions, manage relationships with portfolio companies, monitor portfolio company performance and ensure reporting requirements are met.
- Manage the relationship with the Fund’s external investment committee – schedule and set agenda for meetings, work with chairman to fill any vacancies, document Investment Committee activities.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the “Fund of Funds” VC programs including the process of selecting investment managers, structuring Limited Partner Agreements and managing the ongoing operating activities.
- Develops the program and policy recommendation memos, presentations, program guidelines, and implementation plans as required.
- Assist with the design of future State-run venture capital investment program(s).
- Design the reporting to the Federal Government and internal management processes for new VC program and funds.
- Manage other projects as needed.
If interested, please apply here.