Eniac Ventures is an early-stage investment firm headquartered in NYC. Since our formation in 2009, we’ve been committed to backing highly technical founders who embody our values of authenticity, boldness, curiosity, and scrappiness. At Eniac, we believe that providing capital is just the beginning of the VC/founder journey and pride ourselves on the deep relationships we build with our founders.
Chief of Staff — Position Overview
The position is a unique role based in our New York City HQ (remote possible, but not preferred). We want a team member with a balance of hustle, passion for learning, and strong organization and communication skills, who is ready to play a key role in serving the founders we work with, as well as the broader startup community.
As a core member of the Eniac team, this role will involve all functions of venture capital including vetting inbound opportunities, diligence, working with portfolio companies, administration, and firm management. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who is organized, thoughtful and has sharp execution skills.
We expect this to be a 2-year position, which will give candidates an in-depth introduction to VC and critical exposure to all elements of the business.
The Chief of Staff will work closely with Eniac cofounder Hadley Harris on all aspects of venture capital, including:
- Managing and tracking new investment opportunities
- Performing market research and due diligence for potential investments including market analysis, product testing, and generating industry landscapes
- Organizing and communicating with sources of deal flow across the startup ecosystem
- Helping Hadley support Eniac portfolio companies by facilitating their connections with Eniac’s array of portfolio support and community resources
- Helping Hadley vet and manage the large amount of opportunities that come in via email and Twitter
- Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives)
- We’re looking for a scrappy hustler who isn’t afraid to roll up his or her sleeves
- Extremely well organized
- Strong writing skills with a focus on the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong interest in learning more about the venture capital and the startup ecosystem
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
We expect a tremendous amount from our Chief of Staff. It is an intense job, but we know it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to get started in the venture capital business.
To apply, please submit your resume and your answers to the following prompts here:
- How your past work and educational experience has prepared you to be an amazing Chief of Staff at Eniac
- An industry trend you are interested in and why
- What is your favorite Eniac portfolio company? Why are they your favorite?
- If you could be a fictional character, who and why?
- How do you define success?