Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Group is seeking an Associate Director to join Fitch Ventures. Fitch Ventures is the venture capital arm of Fitch that is responsible for making strategic, minority investments in emerging financial technology and services companies. The candidate will work closely with the head of Fitch Ventures and play a critical role in identifying and evaluating potential targets that align to strategic initiatives across Fitch. The individual will drive the underwriting process as well as assist in the venture portfolio relationship management.
This opportunity is a newly created position to meet the growth strategy of the Fitch Group.
The position will be based out of Fitch Ventures’s Hearst Tower office in New York City.
- Evaluate investment opportunities that align with Fitch Group’s strategic initiatives
- Manage all aspects of the underwriting/investment process
- Monitor investment portfolio and assist with commercial opportunities between Fitch Group and portfolio companies
- Support sourcing effort and track opportunity pipeline in internal database
- Compile market research, including conducting and synthesizing expert and customer interviews
- Build financial and valuation models
- Develop and maintain strong relationships both internally across Fitch Group and externally with startups, venture capital funds and key vendors
- Create / present executive presentations summarizing key industry trends
- Excellent with critical thinking and analytics
- Ability and willingness to work on new topics with no previous knowledge base
- Self-starter with proven ability to perform well in time-sensitive and fast-paced environments
- Highly organized with strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Solid analytical /valuation skills
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- 3+ years of strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital/private equity, or corporate development experience
- Top performer in previous role(s)
If interested, please apply here.